Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Laboratory / Re: VMOVQ vs VMOVAPS
« Last post by johnsa on Today at 09:02:44 AM »
staticmethod is "effectively" a normal PROC,
_staticref is just a lea reg,STRUCTNAME
(They are all covered in the uasm manual under the OO stuff, but I agree it could be fleshed out in more detail :) )

and _state0/_state1 are just fields in the struct.

I don't experience the same behaviour on an Intel chip, and I didn't think anyone here was on a Zen core which is why I left it just as a guide, wonderinf if anyone could think of any reason for a possible stall on the movaps, possibly caused further down.
The Soap Box / Re: 10,000 fonts.
« Last post by felipe on Today at 05:57:27 AM »
That's actually a great idea  :icon_mrgreen:!    But probably this kind of algo will control our lives even more in the future...:shock: Think in all the spyware from the internet making a list of pages we visit and then making decisions on the ads  "we want or need". Sounds scary too: In the future all will be binary until the quantum computer comes to the rescue!  :lol:
« Last post by daydreamer on Today at 05:18:58 AM »
Felipe, first you make a list of earlier fonts that you like and a list you hate and run match making algo ala dating site and let it choose from 10k fonts what's you are supposed to like  :greenclp:
The Campus / Re: converting 32 bit code to 64 bit
« Last post by felipe on Today at 04:51:08 AM »
I remember when i used the debug program (from DOS). It was very usefull for some cases, like writting whatever code (without assembler directives) and to see the opcodes and operands (of course) almost inmmediately. Counting bytes there were easier...Is there a tool like this one for 64 bits or 32 bits? Olly support this kind of feature? I mean like opening your debugger, write a command like -a to start writing assembly instructions. Then save this and then see the opcodes with operands in each line, along with the assembly instructions. I know you can produce an assembly listing with opcodes, but that involves writting a program with at least some directives, etc. I'm not trying to be lazy  :biggrin:  , i'm just having an appetite for some utility like this. If anybody knows one, please let me know.  :idea:
I think may be useful to look this kind of things in a fast way.  :idea:
« Last post by felipe on Today at 04:28:35 AM »
Oh ok, i think i understand now. I was confusing my mind with the addressing of data, but this are opcodes we are talking about... :idea:  :biggrin:
« Last post by felipe on Today at 04:24:14 AM »
 :idea: If you can put each different font into 1 page (like a template where you can see all the chars for that particular font, maybe using the screen zoom), let's say you use 10 second per each one of this pages of chars, for each font, to watch them each one of them. Because you took 10 seconds for each and you have a total of 10000 differents fonts, you will need 10x10000=100000 seconds to see all this pages. As you know 60 seconds are a minute so 100000/60=1667 will give us 1667 minutes approximately. As you know 60 minutes are an hour so we have 1667/60=28 that give us 28 hours approximately. As you also know 24 hours give a day so 28/24=1 day and 4 hours. That's the time approximately you need to see all the fonts in those conditions (having them like pages, seeing them without stop even to go to the bathroom  :biggrin:, etc). Of course you will need to make pauses, sleep, etc. Also it will be good to mark in someway the fonts you like, etc. Also later, probably, you will need fonts from your collection that aren't marked, so you will need to start looking again...and again...and... :P

My diagnose: 10000 fonts!  :dazzled:
« Last post by AW on Today at 04:20:12 AM »
Why plus 7, shouldn't be plus 8
Felipe,
lea rax, [$+7] is 7 bytes long or is it 8 bytes long?
The Laboratory / Re: VMOVQ vs VMOVAPS
« Last post by AW on Today at 04:15:06 AM »
Looks like everybody is supposed to know what STATICMETHOD, _STATICREF and other UASM specific keywords mean. BTW, they are not even explained in the UASM literature.
Why don't you make a simple full buildable example, with full source code?
Examples / Re: Word tokeniser.
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 04:03:16 AM »
This is the version that I added to the library, I used the technique that sinsi designed to make the terminate and array increment faster and unrolled the 6 instruction loop.

; ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

NOSTACKFRAME

wordtok proc                   ; psrc:QWORD, parr:QWORD, delm:QWORD

; -------------------------------------------
  ; tokenise text based on a supplied delimiter
  ; text is tokenised in place (no copy)
  ; rcx : psrc = pointer to text to tokenise
  ; rdx : parr = address of pointer array
  ; r8  : dlmt = delimiter as user supplied ascii char as number IE: 44 = ","
  ; return value = word or text count
  ; EXAMPLE : invoke wordtok,psrc,parr,44
  ; -------------------------------------------

xor rax, rax                ; clear the counter

pre:
    mov [rdx+rax*8], rcx        ; load next text address into rdx
    add rax, 1                  ; increment the arg counter

lbl0:
    add rcx, 1
    movzx r11, BYTE PTR [rcx]
    test r11, r11               ; test for and exit on terminator
    jz bye
    sub r11, r8                 ; check if char is delimiter
    jz lbl1                     ; branch if delimiter

add rcx, 1
    movzx r11, BYTE PTR [rcx]
    test r11, r11               ; test for and exit on terminator
    jz bye
    sub r11, r8                 ; check if char is delimiter
    jnz lbl0                    ; loop back if not

lbl1:
    mov BYTE PTR [rcx], 0       ; terminate array member
    add rcx, 1                  ; increment to next arg 1st char
    jmp pre

bye:
    ret

wordtok endp

STACKFRAME

; ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Game Development / Re: dinofun (more gdi testing)
« Last post by felipe on Today at 03:54:56 AM »
how Lord Adef does collision checks in his game against terrain?

He is using ascii codes for that?  :shock:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10