Author Topic: True Confessions.  (Read 222 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
True Confessions.
« on: June 08, 2018, 06:34:39 PM »
I had to do some shopping yesterday so I took a video camera with me to do some interior shots of the supermarket (which cam out well by the way) but on my way back carrying a bag of shopping and the camera in the other hand I walked down a street that the trees had dropped these big seeds all over and even though I was being careful, trod on a pile of this crap and landed flat on my behind, saved the camera from the main thump but still threw it down the road.

Scraped myself up, turned the camera off (the thump turned the record on) and continued on my way back home. Belted my elbow and knee and scraped some hide off the back of my wrist, all of which I will grow back with no problems but throwing the camera down the road nicked the adjusting ring at the front and was the first damage done to the camera. It still works fine but it pissed me off that it was slightly damaged.

I won't quote the dialogue after impact.  :P
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

jj2007

• Assembler is fun ;-)
    • MasmBasic
Re: True Confessions.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 07:18:08 PM »
turned the camera off (the thump turned the record on)
I won't quote the dialogue after impact.  :P

Please upload at least these few seconds to youtube ;)

anunitu

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 10:24:55 PM »
feel for you hutch,have done that a few times myself,but not the camera trick. good to hear you did not break a bone.

anunitu

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 10:35:47 PM »
this caught me this morning

CNN's Anthony Bourdain dead at 61,i liked watching him.

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 11:07:45 PM »
anunitu,

I have already got used to people I knew once are no longer with us. I have a few old friends left but most of the people I know are far younger than I am. Lucky I live in an area where there are a lot of good people and I have great neighbours.
hutch at movsd dot com

HSE

• <AMD>< 7-32>
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 11:57:33 PM »
Lucky I live in an area where there are a lot of good people and I have great neighbours.

They will put cushions over street's seatings.  :biggrin:

daydreamer

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 01:34:13 AM »
Hope you dont get lasting ache,afterwards
And you hope you can fix your camera

Its sad to come up to an age,when people die
 of cancer and other things
I fell also a while ago,scraped most front body,but my thick jacket probably helped save my android phone,charger,reading glasses from getting broken
Many favourite,actors,comedians,singers have died here the last years

Quote from Flashdance
Nick  :  When you give up your dream, you die.

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 03:49:24 AM »
As one grows older, one is more prone to stupid falls, that causes more damage than when one was young. I remember in my youth this problem in the elderly, now it's getting my turn.

I hope there is no problem :t
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2018, 02:40:42 AM »
The virtues of bad living, booze, blondes, too many cigarettes are mixed with having worked all of my life, never been a pig eater and refused to go down the path of soft living. I am well past running a 4 minute mile but there is nothing wrong with doing it in 5 minutes (or a bit longer). The day you stop trying is the day you put a deposit on your own coffin. We have an expression here in OZ, "Don't let the bastards grind you down." or as it was said as kids, "Nil illigitimus carborundum desperandum."  :P

Some dill did an involuntary swandive to his demise just south of Sydey today, fell of a rock cliff an Kurnell while taking photos and was fished out of the water stone dead shortly after and he was 31 years of age. if they make it to my age they are usually a lot smarter than to do something that stupid.
hutch at movsd dot com

anunitu

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2018, 03:27:10 AM »
The saying we have is "keep on trucking",and this.

A friend had a little statue of this on his desk.

That is Mister natural BTW.

caballero

• Abre Ojos Ensamblador
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2018, 03:59:42 AM »
It is often said that the deadly disease of retirees is leisure. It is good to look for some type of occupation.

I have met some hard-working people in my life, but especially my parents, particularly my father. I never met him in his life a day off, holidays or Sundays, all were working, at least in the morning.

In today's society, plagued by subsidies, they never gave us one, only with their work and with no kind of vices they gave their children studies and enough money to spend their lives.

As children they passed the civil war and then the postwar period, times of real scarcity. They migrated to Germany or where they could save money to buy land and work them hard.

I went many times to help him in his work, although hard work was carried always by him, sure. I remember particularly when we put grain in the barn, the dust generated made me spit black for hours. Clothes could stand up from the chaff and sweat accumulated. Now I remember it fondly. A job that many self-styled "workers" want to see away.

Health for many years! :t
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

daydreamer

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 04:03:01 PM »
Its really important to walk etc,i had a relative who did nothing from 65 and when he was 80+,doctor told him he must take a walk around the house,but he only managed to walk to a lamp post,it was too late
Your body can become like a prison anyway,with several stroke,someone ended up like that
So keep living as long as you can,exercise your body and brain,because you never know when you get ill,so you become unable to do things
And do fun things
Quote from Flashdance
Nick  :  When you give up your dream, you die.