Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Workshop / Re: Screen Capture for 32 Bit machines
« Last post by zedd151 on Today at 02:20:35 PM »
Does your code work on a 64bit machine?

I haven't even tested on 64 bit OS, as Vortex has a 64 bit Screen Capture tool HERE and I am not competing with his tool.

Is there anyway you can make a quality selection? maybe just a hardcoded value to set in the project for the quality of the image.

As it stands right now, it captures the full window with 24 bit color depth. 

If you wish to modify the code for your own purposes, feel free to do so. I plan on developing this further but not at this time, as I have another project that I am working on.
« Last post by 2B||!2B on Today at 02:11:54 PM »
Hi zedd,

Excellent effort.  :greenclp:

Does your code work on a 64bit machine?
It works, tested on Win 7 64bit :)

Is there anyway you can make a quality selection? maybe just a hardcoded value to set in the project for the quality of the image? or the type? maybe PNG for smaller output file.

Is it possible to add a show cursor feature?

Thanks.
The Workshop / Re: Fibonacci numbers: the nature's numbers...
« Last post by felipe on Today at 08:42:58 AM »
Nice siekmanski  :icon14:. But i find the name of the instruction a little misleading since what it supposed to do is:

Temporary = Source + Destination;
Source = Destination;
Destination = Temporary;

So maybe a good name for the instruction will be: "add and exchange".  :idea:

If we exchange and then we add we have eax=1 forever... :dazzled:

Code: [Select]
temporary=destination;
destination=source;
source=temporary;
destination=source+destination;

Should we report this to intel?  :P

What do you think?  :biggrin:
The Laboratory / Re: Benchmark testing different types of registers.
« Last post by RuiLoureiro on Today at 08:27:39 AM »
 :biggrin:
Hutch,
           Sorry, i got "it is not possible to execute this app" in my PC. We need to wait for
my new i7... I would like to help.
« Last post by felipe on Today at 07:25:52 AM »
You have to remember when Microsoft rewrite (and often stuff up) an API for a new version, they generally try and ensure that it complies with the Intel ABI (for Win32) so even if something worked OK on one version, there is a risk that it won't run an another if it is not fully ABI compliant.

If the abi for win32 says that the called function should preserve the non volatile registers, then using ebx in a non callback function in your own code is abi compliant.  :idea:
The Soap Box / Re: WinSxS or WinSuxS
« Last post by zedd151 on Today at 05:08:47 AM »
Hi zedd,

That WinSxS folder is a bad design of M$.

Yeah, it started with Windows xp with only a couple of folders.
Then Windows Vista and Windows 7 M$ added a bunch more.
In Windows 10, it seems every system file has a hard linked file in WinSxS. So when examining the WinSxS Directory size
with Explorer, it appears that WinSxS is larger than the entire Operating System.  You would think that they would fix that bug.

There are numerous complaints on the internet about the 'perceived' size of WinSxS.

Thanks for the link, will add it to my Tool Box.

@ fearless thank you for that link as well.
« Last post by fearless on Today at 04:59:52 AM »
« Last post by Vortex on Today at 03:54:26 AM »
Hi zedd,

That WinSxS folder is a bad design of M$. By the way, a nice tool handling the hard links :

http://schinagl.priv.at/nt/ln/ln.html
The Laboratory / Re: Benchmark testing different types of registers.
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 02:42:38 AM »
JJ,

You need the latest macro file which is posted in the 64 bit MASM sub forum.

AW,

I put the identical copy code in all 3 to ensure there was a code action between the preserve and restore code as the very short tests skew the results due to their length.
Custom Interface Components / Re: ModernUI Framework & Controls
« Last post by fearless on Today at 02:24:50 AM »
At all excellent looks, but few remarks ;
Thanks.

1) code misaligned, look into m32lib\szcopy, there align present, so MUIButton1 on weak hardware hangs on exit as callback exception
I will add the align 4 to code sections on the main library and controls for x86 version (and align 8 to the x64 versions?). I wasnt aware of using alignment, or wasnt sure about it, hence why i never added it or done much with it. Hopefully adding the align will help make it all more stable. Did some changes to ModernUI_Button a while back, so the MUIButton1 example doesnt show the notify stuff correctly - think i will take out that stuff, as not sure its needed. Also possible the gdi+ stuff without the alignment might be causing the crash as someone mentioned a while back about the that example crashing and thought it was due to gdi+ (using the png's with the MUIButton) as the example makes use of the MUIGdiStart and MUIGdiFinish wrapper functions.

2) directory structure not ordonary, also was post here how it could be and build libraries system
I will add some more stuff to the wiki page soon about using the library and controls and where to place the include and lib files. Not sure what you meant by directory structure not ordinary. Can you expand on what that means, thanks.
I can add some information on building the library sources manually if someone isn't using the RadASM projects, let me know if you think this would be useful.

3) not all ico in Images catalogues
Im not sure if thats ico files not included with examples, or ico files in the icons folder/zip (which has a dark/light theme) are not all there, or are not converted to smaller/larger sizes or are not complete. Im assuming its the latter option - its possible some icons havent been converted to different sizes (or dark/light versions) - only done some as i was testing/using. Let me know if there is any specifically you need or think i should look at.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10