Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Campus / Re: joke
« Last post by LordAdef on Today at 07:24:56 AM »
in RichMasm´s defense:

I like the freedom to colour things on my own way, and mainly in places I´m currently working on.

RichMasm has many great features. Having said that, Many of them are hidden and I believe Jochen should spend some of his time improving RM´s GUI. But I know his main focus is actually masmBasic. if he wanted to work on RichMasm GUI, it would certainly become a much more used editor than it is today. Regardless of that, it´s what I use on a daily basis.

ps: JJ, please send me the check to the same bank account  :greenclp:
The Laboratory / Re: Fun with Pixel Shaders and maths
« Last post by caballero on Today at 07:03:25 AM »
> We love pixel shaders
Yes  :biggrin:

A sea scape made by Alexander Alekseev aka TDM here, where you can find its source code too. I only translated to Siekmanski's PSC. I have to improve the sun reflections, the original code is right.
MasmBasic & the RichMasm IDE / Re: my 100% Assembly game development
« Last post by LordAdef on Today at 06:47:27 AM »
thanks Caballero and Daydreamer,

now that's odd, we have the game stalling in some win8 and some win7 but not on every one. hmm..damn it  :icon_redface:
« Last post by LordAdef on Today at 06:44:16 AM »
hi HSE, cheers my friend! In fact this is not a problem. Since I'm working on this new engine, there is now the need to have image masks for all assets, which I still didn't bother to do it. Before I was getting away without this extra payload. Now I am going to need two imgs for each stuff, and "AND" the two to create the transparency. I'm slowly doing this in the free time. But I am looking for someone to do all the art for this game.
« Last post by jj2007 on Today at 06:11:55 AM »
I will not discuss your values, they simply mean that kkrunchy is not a good compressor. Because zip still has compression to do on it. A good compressor would make the zip increase in size not reduce. There are much better free compressors. Have you tried mpress?

Yes, mpress reduces RichMasm.exe from 145408 to 81408 bytes, using the "very slow, better result" -s option.
For comparison, kkrunchy stops only at 74752 bytes. And 7-zip condenses it 3% more.

Btw the -20% applied to the comparison "kkrunched+zip is smaller than zip alone" (your wording).
« Last post by aw27 on Today at 06:01:53 AM »
- there are quite a number of tailored features that you don't miss because you never had them 8)
This really applies to you!  :t

Of course; for RichMasm, it's 72591 vs 91378 bytes, over 20% less. Launching the kkrunched Richmasm is only a few milliseconds slower, you can't even notice the difference.
I will not discuss your values, they simply mean that kkrunchy is not a good compressor. Because zip still has a lot of compression to do on it. A good compressor may even make the zip increase in size not reduce or just reduce slightly. There are much better free compressors. Have you tried mpress?
« Last post by jj2007 on Today at 05:26:05 AM »
However, I believe RichMasm is more word processor than editor

It is both, certainly. I do all my assembly plus my C and FreeBasic stuff with RichMasm. Real permanent bookmarks, a search listbox that is much better than the one of NotePad++ (yes, there is one, you are right), plus hyperlinks, etc - there are quite a number of tailored features that you don't miss because you never had them 8)

In other words, kkrunched+zip is smaller than zip alone!

Of course! For RichMasm, it's 72591 vs 91378 bytes, over 20% less. Launching the kkrunched Richmasm is only a few milliseconds slower, you can't even notice the difference.
« Last post by HSE on Today at 02:56:17 AM »
Working very well here  :t

But...  :biggrin:  the images background now are a problem. With previous ascii map the images'  background were almost imperceptible.
« Last post by aw27 on Today at 12:27:07 AM »
You mentioned that RichMasm is kkrunched: yes, that is necessary to respect the forum's 512 kB limit for attachments; the "true" size is 145,408
So, you use a compressor on your application, then you zip it all and you are telling me that you obtain a smaller archive in the end. In other words, kkrunched+zip is smaller than zip alone!
« Last post by aw27 on Today at 12:19:55 AM »
I see editors as something like choosing girlfriends, I like slim racy blondes but some like buxom brunettes and everything else inbetween. If an editor does the job for you, that's all it can do, the rest is personal genius, hard work and sometimes, good luck.
I agree, I have used many editors since ms-dos Edlin  (still included in Windows 10 32-bit) :icon_rolleyes:.
However, I believe RichMasm is more word processor than editor, like those girls that are not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10