Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
MASM64 SDK / Re: x64 and x87 floating point ...
« Last post by jj2007 on Today at 07:48:41 AM »
by the way, why do I have to enter several strange questions every time when posting?

Must be an error with the manual you are reading ::)

include \Masm32\MasmBasic\Res\JBasic.inc        ; # requires MasmBasic #
.data?
MyRes  REAL8 ?
Init           ; OPT_64 1      ; put 0 for 32 bit, 1 for 64 bit assembly
  PrintLine Chr$("This code was assembled with ", @AsmUsed$(1), " in ", jbit$, "-bit format", 13, 10)
  fldpi
  jinvoke Sleep, 100  ; just a test - give the OS some time to destroy the FPU between task switches
  fstp MyRes
  Inkey Str$("The CRT has never been very precise: %1.17f - but the FPU works in 64-bit land!!", MyRes)
EndOfCode

Code: [Select]
This code was assembled with ml64 in 64-bit format

The CRT has never been very precise: 3.14159265358979310 - but the FPU works in 64-bit land!
MasmBasic & the RichMasm IDE / Re: Get Files and GetFolders
« Last post by jj2007 on Today at 06:50:04 AM »
Yes, my machine is not as virgin as yours :P

Attached a "folders" version that writes the filenames, too. Please run it in parallel with your files.exe and post me the two results here (I can delete them shortly after).
« Last post by clamicun on Today at 06:06:02 AM »
Quote jj "That will be difficult because you save in MyFolders.txt the folder names only, in MyFiles.txt the file names"

I know. That's why I said  "I'll try to find".
But anyway I'll try and let you know.

btw.you have patience .. 741 seconds is a lot.
« Last post by mainziman on Today at 05:10:31 AM »
seems to be a problem with ml64.exe 8.x,  ml64.exe 9.x or later don't give such an error ... and
build with no error ... strange ...

by the way, why do I have to enter several strange questions every time when posting?
The Colosseum / Re: Any news from farabi ?
« Last post by mineiro on Today at 04:40:25 AM »
The first hospital and university created on Brazil was done by catholic church. Only after that politicals and aristocrats see a way to create money from this. When you need a hospital they don't ask you your religion.
This is about new order, hidden persons that controls world like this intrigues, let's play black against white, man against woman, religion against religion, let's protect minorities, handle childrens, abortion, homosexuality, ... .
We are all different one with each other, but laws being created treat us as being equal.

Well, Jesus really walked on this planet, a lot of evidences but persons today prefer believe on extraterrestrials.
So, my conspiration theory are coming true. Just a time question as we know. First was about Venezuela on other topic.
On this, Charlottesville, terror on Spain.

My next one? The anti-american feeling that exist on many countries will turn into anti-russian-chinese (Eurasia) on medium time.
I'm saying this because I have friends on both sides, I understand the necessity of both sides, and I don't have that feeling to any side. Time to reflect.
"The force we make to compress an object is the same force that the object will exert on us".
« Last post by jj2007 on Today at 03:29:41 AM »
I'll try to check which *.exe are lacking.

That will be difficult because you save in MyFolders.txt the folder names only, in MyFiles.txt the file names...

On my machine, the difference is 8 files among 17,000, 0.047%, see screenshot.
idden and read-only files seem not affected, the count is equal for both applications.
But one culprit is already identified: Your FindFirstFile will not find files with non-Latin alphabet names. GetFiles() is Unicode aware, filenames are returned in UTF8 format.

However, that doesn't explain why your folders.exe finds more files for my drive C: :(

What comes to my mind is "super hidden" files, or double-counting, e.g. because of links. But really, without identifying which files are not found in either application, there is no chance to find the reason.
« Last post by clamicun on Today at 02:26:02 AM »
jj,
thanks.
Here is a screenshot.
I'll try to check which *.exe are lacking.
Examples / Fast random pad generator.
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 01:15:42 AM »
A tool for making near encryption standard random pads among other uses for random data.
Examples / Fast string sort.
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 01:09:08 AM »
Working application, fast string sort in either direction, ascending or desending.

Usual licencing conditions apply, free to use, you may include it in other commercial software but if you make over $1,000,000 USD (after tax) you owe me a carton (12 bottles) of Glenfiddich.  :P
« Last post by hutch-- on August 20, 2017, 10:23:54 PM »
The code you posted builds with no errors. This is what I tried out.

; ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

include \masm32\include64\masm64rt.inc

.code

entry_point proc

mov rcx, 57765
    call funct

waitkey

.exit

entry_point endp

NOSTACKFRAME