General > The Soap Box

Cleaning Windows

<< < (2/3) > >>

K_F:
Have an older version (64Bit) of CCleaner..
Always install with net cable disconnected and Process viewer running... monitor any net attempts.
Then run Autoruns to check for any scheduled and runonce items - If I find any I delete that particular exe/app file, then deleted the config with autoruns, then clean up with CCLeaner.

So far so good for my PC
 8)

jj2007:

--- Quote from: jimg on September 19, 2017, 10:53:20 AM ---... and significantly more than Google or Adobe.
--- End quote ---

Rumours say that the frequent updates of Adobe Flash have nothing to do with security but rather with its role as hidden spyware 8)

shankle:
Don't know if I made a wise choice or not but I feel Ccleaner has reached the end of its life cycle.
If the hackers feel it's time to hack CCleaner then IMHO it's time to go somewhere else.
I choose Wise Disk Cleaner and Wise Registry Cleaner.
I have also switched from Internet EX to K-Melion.
Hope I will be a happy guy.

hutch--:
Jack,

Have a look at "Slimjet" (the portable version), it has the Google Chrome interface but has Google spyware removed. Very good ad blocker, comes in both 32 and 64 bit versions and it is fast.

jj2007:
Just installed Slimjet, and it looks good but chokes with an int 3 if I don't launch it as an administrator :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version