Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
WINDOWS.INC Project / Re: GdiTransparentBlt
« Last post by LordAdef on Today at 05:37:35 PM »
Hey, resurrecting this thread,

GdiTransparentBlt missing from gdi32.inc/lib

Is this still the case?

My code says I´m missing the prototype.

I´m using TransparentBlt instead (from msimg32.lib), but what curious to know nevertheless.

Cheers

The Soap Box / Re: Is it true, MASM in the real world is rare?
« Last post by Raistlin on Today at 04:35:24 PM »
@Jbarrera - possibly also have a look at this older post, as it may provide complimentary information
http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=5232.15
MasmBasic & the RichMasm IDE / Re: my 100% Assembly game development
« Last post by LordAdef on Today at 03:35:54 PM »
Curious, do you have a tileengine instead of previous ascii? So one ascii is drawed as green forestpic,another is drawn as waterpic
 , and one as fuelpump?

Hey Daydreamer, I´m glad you noticed!!  In fact, the engine is a hybrid! I´m quite excited with that and am currently working to make the engine solid enough for me to use it for other projects.

There is no tile, and all the images have different sizes.
However, there is a LUT running behind the hood controlling everything.

So the forest terrain is bitblit in strips, covering the whole horizontal line. I check the region were there is water and bitblit that area on top of the forest. But since I´m using a buffer, I only need to do 2 lines of that per loop.

« Last post by LordAdef on Today at 02:20:07 PM »
Fortunately, they didn't name the language "Linda" :icon_mrgreen:

That was really classy humour  :eusa_clap: :eusa_clap:
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 02:04:36 PM »
> Fortunately, they didn't name the language "Linda"  :P
« Last post by jj2007 on Today at 01:43:25 PM »
Q. What do you say to an ADA[tm] programmer ?
A. I will have onions with my french fries please.  :P

:biggrin:
Ada is a structured, statically typed, imperative, wide-spectrum, and object-oriented high-level computer programming language, extended from Pascal and other languages. It has built-in language support for design-by-contract, extremely strong typing, explicit concurrency, offering tasks, synchronous message passing, protected objects, and non-determinism. Ada improves code safety and maintainability by using the compiler to find errors in favor of runtime errors

Hello World:
Code: [Select]
with Ada.Text_IO; use Ada.Text_IO;
procedure Hello is
begin
  Put_Line ("Hello, world!");
end Hello;

[shudder]

P.S.:
Ada was named for Augusta Ada King, countess of Lovelace

Fortunately, they didn't name the language "Linda" :icon_mrgreen:
I doubt that this can be achieved but you can get most things most of the time if the code you build has a manifest and version control block. This means that any source you want to build from elsewhere will have to have this added if its missing. The basic things to comprehend are use a normal 32 or 64 bit COFF header that has no extra junk in it, the manifest and version control block, don't try and run a tiny test piece as it is probably too short for an AV scanner to comprehend and avoid any messy complex branching at the start of the code just after then entry point.

The better end of AV scanners don't have the problem and will actually look at the code rather than just a check list of parts but if you get these right, you will survive most crappy AV scanners.
« Last post by felipe on Today at 12:46:50 PM »
Well said Hutch
 :icon14: :icon14:
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 12:40:30 PM »
There is another consideration, many of the people who make decisions in "IT" are not computer programmers but clerical/management types who have very limited knowledge of the tools to use to create computer software yet they use this lack of knowledge to determine what tools are used and it is usually based on some bullsh*t they have been fed by a sales rep or similar.

Now this often comes in the form of C++ which is at least a reasonable choice but the dumber they are, the more likely they are to choose something that is so far off the pace that it only generates crap but at least its "easy". This pursuit started in the 1990s where everything had to be "easy" and even though this crap has long been left behind by technology, the mindset is still with us, mainly through morons in the "IT" field.

High level languages have their place and most decent software is written using high quality compilers by experienced programmers but experienced programmers have a much bigger tool box which contains assemblers and even if they don't need to use it much, the knowledge of very low level programming techniques means they write better high level code. It is the moron level languages that do not allow you to access memory and other similar restrictions that are worth avoiding.

A friend of mine long ago coined the phrase,

Q. What do you say to an ADA[tm] programmer ?
A. I will have onions with my french fries please.  :P
« Last post by felipe on Today at 11:24:36 AM »
Man, there are masm and others assemblers and even assembly languages. If you know the market, you will see how operates: fast production, little cost, then bad quality, etc. Also it's well know all the issues for bad aproaches in the computer universe: security problems, customers go away, etc.
So money, jobs and others crap is one thing. Knowledge, curiosity, wisdom, intelligence, i think is other. If you are lucky you can combine the two worlds in one place: maybe in your job. If you are not, then you can do your job and in your house have fun with what you like.
But if you are just looking for economics regards, then you will find thousands or more of people with a "good" advice for you, regardless if is something to do with assembly, c, c++, etc, etc, etc...
 :idea:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10