Author Topic: Great news...  (Read 7978 times)

K_F

• Anybody out there?
Re: Great news...
« Reply #45 on: September 20, 2017, 11:44:03 PM »
Sitting in the middle of Penny's while the wife shops..
zzzzzz :lol:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2017, 12:31:26 AM »
 :biggrin:

You know how it is, you have to keep the girls happy.  :P
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #47 on: November 01, 2017, 07:23:54 AM »
The boyz ripping along at 95%+ for theoretical physics after a few assignments  :shock:
Other subjects are running at upper 60's, lower 70's, but he says it's a learning curve wrt required assignment formats.
One good one out of 4, with the other 3 improving, is good... with only 1 month into uni.

Shyt I'm getting excited.. from planes to space planes.  :icon_mrgreen:
 :t

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2017, 08:12:06 AM »
30th anni today..
Pilot done well with his penultimate airline exam, one more to go before he also moves abroad.
Rocket scientist really enjoying his uni maths... Fark.. this is such important news, you have no idea  :t :t

Lets hope no shyte happens anywhere.

Siekmanski

« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2017, 09:30:00 AM »
Congratulations.  :t
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as their strategy.

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2017, 09:07:47 AM »
I think he's forming a chip off the old block..  :redface:

On numerous occasions in lectures they've been given options and have to explain their choices.
He says that when he explains his choices everyone else looks at him if he's nutz... but the lecturers say he is correct.  :shock:

I've always encouraged the kids to trust their instincts, no matter what the world thinks.. so maybe this is working for the greater good.
 :idea:

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2017, 09:48:05 AM »
Van,

Sounds like a smart kid, a lack of herd instinct is a true virtue. I would not encourage him to go to West New Guinea having watched a few docos on flying there, some of those airstrips on mountain tops would be hard for a helicopter pilot to land on let alone a conventional aircraft.
hutch at movsd dot com

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2017, 03:42:07 AM »
I think it's a mixture of smart and hard work.

He looks very tired, but hammering away at his work.
We're bringing him home for a little break and home study time - A refresher of sorts.

He does sound a bit homesick, but this is natural for first time away, and we always knew he would have to come back for Xmas.
He'll go back 're-energised' for 1st semester exams.

Shame.. he's had to learn to cook, wash and clean, all the while studying in a high stress environment - looks like he's handling it well though.

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2017, 06:18:57 AM »
Arrived home, via Paris, late last night... looking better than when we left him 4 months ago  :shock:
Mom's tired and very happy -  a full house.. and Dad's chasing them into the global village  :biggrin:

A good braai (Barbie) today, family ..etc and even better news on his student network.. 96% on the last assignment.

I'm all for the merit system  ;)

caballero

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2017, 01:45:02 AM »
> he's had to learn to cook, wash and clean
That sounds very familiar to me  :biggrin: When I entered the university, I shared a flat with some friends, one of them and I decided to make lunch together. The first week was up to him and he decided to make white beans, a meal I always hated, but the important thing was goodwill, you know. The problem is that he did not take into account the need to soak them the night before. Sure, the next day they were super hard and had to renew the water ... I do not know how many times. Well, as you can see he did not pay much attention to the physics class, he decided to pour salt every time he renewed the water ... What can I say, they finally burned and even when we tried to sink our teeth to it, they were super salty and super burned. Nothing, we had to grab the fridge and make a sandwich. That was our first foray into culinary themes.
En un lugar de la Mancha de cuyo nombre no quiero acordarme

- There are 10 kind of people: those who know binary numbers and those who don't -

hutch--

• Administrator
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2017, 02:10:13 AM »
Van,

Sheer necessity will make him a better cook, I am a truly lousy cook (my main experience is with an oxy torch welding) but if you want to eat, you learn how to make things you can eat. I am lucky here as a I have a stone age stomach that does not like anything fancy so I only need to produce simple things.
hutch at movsd dot com

anunitu

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2017, 09:34:40 AM »
ahh cooking,never been much of a fancy cook,mainly Microwave stuff,BUT the navy taught me to be more organized ans because I worked in the laundry, learned about washing cloths.also dry cleaning,ans cutting hair,got so good at that everyone wanted me to do their hair. was popular because I ran the vending machines. Ships service was also at times also referred to as ships Mafia( Guess why)we always were first in the chow line

And got favors with the chief of dispersing(money) because I did his uniform special.always good to have a few I owe you ones from people

Navy taught me many things that have helped me throughout life.

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2017, 02:12:45 AM »
We were forced into military and learned fast, I give it that complete credit, and will never regret it - it taught you to stop whinging and handle the situation.

We taught the kids how to cook from when they were 12/13 years and involved them in many household 'duties'.
It was always 'fun' and disasters.. but 'we learnt from that', the basic essentials of veggies, meat and pasta, fruit,..etc.. plus a bit of imagination  :t
This was his true test of culinary expertise.. and he looks to have surpassed it, for his requirements.. that is.  :icon_exclaim:

I look back now, and think what a paranoid 'prick' I was.. but with hindsight.. Ja.. it was time well spent.. oh yeah!!  :t

anunitu

« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2017, 03:03:13 AM »
YEH THIS:

We were forced into military and learned fast, I give it that complete credit, and will never regret it - it taught you to stop whinging and handle the situation.

felipe

• Eagles are just great!
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2017, 04:48:22 AM »
We taught the kids how to cook from when they were 12/13 years and involved them in many household 'duties'.
It was always 'fun' and disasters.. but 'we learnt from that', the basic essentials of veggies, meat and pasta, fruit,..etc.. plus a bit of imagination  :t

That's pretty cool. Good way to involve youngs in real things of life.  :icon14:
Felipe.