Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Workshop / Re: Int128 in assembler
« Last post by nidud on Today at 11:00:48 PM »
In assembler this would be done inline directly or with a macro, yes, but he's building a library for MSVC so the call is made there.
The Laboratory / Re: Hardware Enumerator [pre-release]
« Last post by Raistlin on Today at 10:31:39 PM »
@AW -  :biggrin: - Let me try again.....hope it helps.

The idea is that a program/process/application always runs within a user security context. The user being the one that executed it.
Some users might have restrictions applied to storage - for example a quota (max limit) on amount of logical free disk-space accessible.
Because the process/application shares the user security context - the application is also restricted by this amount of logical storage.
It would be of more interest for an application when trying to discover its environment, rather than physical storage.

PPS: Is anyone else getting data corruption as well for feature values etc. ?
« Last post by AW on Today at 10:09:06 PM »
Actually the disk size is as intended - the output shows your 3 TB - the idea was to detect the size and available
disk space of the "process" instance's storage. Was thinking of scenarios like network drives and quota rules that
could influence what a process could access. It's more a system profiler for programmers versus an asset register
of all hardware.
Impressive explanation, but I have no idea what you are talking about. I am just a guy willing to know my hard disks capacity.  :biggrin:
Romper Room / Re: A small joke
« Last post by i Z ! on Today at 09:57:54 PM »
in every joke is a small fraction of joke

Very well said :t
It's actually only a code editor GUI that I'm working on. I'm probably gonna call it AutoAsm or AutoMASMic. I'll announce the release or preview in the proper room on this forum.
The Workshop / Re: Int128 in assembler
« Last post by daydreamer on Today at 09:02:21 PM »
(puts on flameproof asbestos suit)
For simple add128 and sub128,wouldnt it be easier with macros,than to worry about calling conventions?
Would be unnesserary slow add overhead calling convention+call/ret for fast add/sub

« Last post by Raistlin on Today at 08:55:24 PM »
Sure, I will assist you via PM although you never acknowledge my answers via PM - probably you don't read them  :(.

Thanx AW, I will definitely reply ! - promise  :bgrin:

I need to get this thing bulletproof - which is REALLY hard if you don't have access to a WIDE variety of platforms.
SO thank you all so much for your feedback & input.

PS: Disk is also wrong. I have 2 disks: 1 SSD of 500 GB and another of 3 TB.

Actually the disk size is as intended - the output shows your 3 TB - the idea was to detect the size and available
disk space of the "process" instance's storage. Was thinking of scenarios like network drives and quota rules that
could influence what a process could access. It's more a system profiler for programmers versus an asset register
of all hardware.
UASM Assembler Development / Re: Symbol not defined
« Last post by habran on Today at 07:37:58 PM »
 8)
The Soap Box / Re: Browser problems with the forum.
« Last post by zedd151 on Today at 07:19:59 PM »
Congrats, KelseyJohnson - you placed a link for your crappy site. But beware of the cleaning squad :bgrin:

I wouldn't click on any links there. Beware!    :icon_mrgreen:

Quote from: KelseyJohnson
The postings on your site are always excellent.

except yours.  :badgrin:
« Last post by AW on Today at 07:08:37 PM »
Thanks AW, hmmm - seems to corrupt the data someplace around the core detects
and then skews all other results. Can I bug you via PM to try and isolate the error ?
Seems like some sort of buffer overflow....  :(

Here's my results... and Zedd151's :redface:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LWP_Fo-PYEC81ItRTI2zGz4hWLO8aO28
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DPwFbmMIxaK0Fq9JgCMQZWzV08ocVXH3

But please see if you can assist AW...

Sure, I will assist you via PM although you never acknowledge my answers via PM - probably you don't read them  :(.
UASM Assembler Development / Re: Symbol not defined
« Last post by Biterider on Today at 07:07:37 PM »
Hi Habran
I will prepare a test case by this weekend.
Biterider
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10