Author Topic: Hutch send me some of your heat!!  (Read 512 times)

jcfuller

Hutch send me some of your heat!!
« on: January 07, 2018, 10:56:18 PM »

Hutch I need some of your heat!!!
-31C  at here (Upstate NY) at present

James

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Re: Hutch send me some of your heat!!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 12:14:48 AM »
We got the other end today, 43C in the inner city, 47C in the western suburbs. The heat half killed my big philadendron out the front by about 9am this morning. I was tempted earlier today to go out and shoot some video but after opening the front door with the heat blast I gave up on that idea.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

rrr314159

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 11:03:24 AM »
47C ... I was tempted earlier today to go out and shoot some video ...

Wow, that's hot! If I had to go out, I'd be tempted to shoot myself :biggrin: Be thankful for air conditioning

It's below zero here (about -20 C). I'm thankful for central heating

It's amazing what our pre-technology ancestors put up with. We've become a bunch of wimps
I am NaN ;)

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 07:15:15 AM »
I can feel your heat... We were sitting at around 36C and 37C for tomorrow if I'm not mistaken, and I'm 100m from a 10C sea  :icon_eek: ( around 40-ish inland) - Even the ants are running around on the surface - they seem to come out when it gets extra hot.
Ja but at 40+ .. you Aussies must be suffering. Heard you had some fires happening. Freaks me out when I see smokers tossing their stubbs that are still alight.
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 07:25:28 AM »
It's amazing what our pre-technology ancestors put up with. We've become a bunch of wimps
Yup.. that's the northern hemisphere PC folk... bunch of moffies  :lol: :lol: :greenclp:
In the southern hemisphere is where the real men are.. we can take the heat/cold.. whatever is thrown at us.
It must be Marmite or Vegemite..that makes one tough.

:badgrin: :P

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 07:32:50 AM »
Van,

There is a simple solution for any moron that throws a lighted cigarette out of a car window, make them work with the "Rural Fire Service" for a season and if they survive which is not garranteed, they sure won't do it again. Its an absolutely horrible job, terrible heat, exhaustion, danger, smoke and being burnt to death with wind changes. Then there are the hippes, poofters and greenies that insist on everyone having to live in the middle of trees and if you have ever seen a bushfire at close range, you will know why whole families get burnt to death.

As a kid in the country, I remember my parents working with the local fire fighters in a melaleuca (paperbark tree) swamp just below where we lived and "you ain't seen nuthin" until you see a wall of fire at 3 to 4 hundred feet high.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

K_F

• Anybody out there?
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 05:23:25 AM »
We had a big fire come close to my place, i was watering the area just outside the wall, as the fire bypassed and moved further on. It got very hot.
It was amazing to see how the hot ashes would fly in the wind, in advance of the fire, and start new flames up ahead... tricky stuff for the fire fighters.  :shock:

The whole house was caked everywhere with ash dust, took us weeks to clean it up.

I traced the start of the fire to the top of the hill ' next to the road'... well well.. some assh..e must have thrown his butt out the window.
As you say... put them at the hot end.  :t

LordAdef

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 05:00:20 PM »
Rio de Janeiro..... nearly unbarable right now... hot, it´s reaaaaally bloody hot.

please send me some of your cold!