Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Laboratory / Re: Simple floating point macros.
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 03:24:19 PM »
 :biggrin:

It just happens to be that my formal logic is much better than my maths, I can in fact do most of the normal things and get reliable results but I don't really have a feel for maths, I just see it as a cipher for crunching numbers. The reciprocals look interesting in that with FP maths you can calculate the fractional sized numbers with a reasonably high degree of precision. In older integer code a mul is a lot faster than a div but I am not sure of the difference with later hardware where you have very fast FP processing units which I would imagine would be used for the old integer code.

I long ago used FP for some simple integer calculations related to the startup size of a window and they have been in the library since about 1998 but have had very little use of FP since then. Laziness meant if I wanted precision maths I had a compiler that routinely did 80 bit floating point calculations.
Romper Room / Re: How programming works.....
« Last post by nidud on Today at 12:55:58 PM »
The Indian did not know how to plant, he looked around and saw trees and trees with fruits, he did not understand why he could plant while the africans knew.

Agriculture on the American continent can be traced back more than 10 000 years. They where the ones who domesticated the potato after all. The main crops they used was corn, beans, and squash. But true, they didn't have any cows. They where domesticated by the Africans for more than 12 000 years ago.

It takes more than 10 000 years to adapt to a new diet so these Africans are the only people who is able to eat meat, drink blood and fat milk without clogging up their veins.

As for the aboriginal Norwegians they adapted to seafood early on and some of them settled on the west coast of the continent for more than 11 000 years ago. They where the Yaghan people.
The Laboratory / Re: Other floating point macros.
« Last post by six_L on Today at 11:38:40 AM »
Hi six_L,
       It seems, maybe.
       ConverterDF is to convert real4 to string and is elsewhere HERE in the forum
topic Converting real4 to string. There is also Converting real8 to string and Converting real10 to string. Also converting string to real4/real8/real10. You may search here or search by RuiLoureiro and you get topics where i wrote things.
Unfortunatly my CPU doesnt work with 64 bits so i cannot write code for that.
See you  :t
Hi,RuiLoureiro
thanks your respones.
Romper Room / Re: How programming works.....
« Last post by mineiro on Today at 11:02:19 AM »
It is not necessary to be religious to commit atrocities, on the contrary, being religious we have a guide not to commit them. I remember the thief who asked for forgiveness at the last moment of his life and was forgiven; this is why Jesus is with his head turned to the right side on the cross.

Formerly the king spoke up and the church spoke down. It was a political dispute. How to overthrow the power of the church? Infiltrating, what happens nowadays.

The church committed atrocities, I agree. The church follows a book, the same book I follow, are just mouthpieces.

As far as I know, same sex does not reproduce; why homosexuals want to get married in church? They can marry in civil, or in other words, this is a political matter. Pedophilia is a political or civil matter, society is the one to judge; and what do you expect society to judge? Being against pedophilia. I already see the time when necrophilia, bestiality will be common, if it is not being !!!. Dogs have sex with their mothers, without guilt, this is what separates us from animals. It is not necessary to have religion to understand this.

Slavery I have already commented, but I will strengthen, who saved the people of Egypt? Were they there at leisure?
When they discovered the American continent, there were Indians. The church wanted to expand its doctrine of faith in counterpoint to the Islamism that was growing in Asia. The American Indian is polytheistic, accepts everything, while the african possesses his own religion. The Indian did not know how to plant, he looked around and saw trees and trees with fruits, he did not understand why he could plant while the africans knew. This was one of the reasons they had enslaved African. In Africa, a tribe invaded the other, an african enslaved the other and sold or bartered with the Europeans. In America, africans suffered injuries but africans formed families.
Now what I do not hear, Eastern culture imported 3 times more African slaves compared to all slaves in America and Europe combined. What happened to them? Anybody know? I know, they did not form families, they had their sex organs cut off so they would not breed.

Look, you talked about witches. In Asia, to this day, a woman who has committed adultery is stoned. The first stone is of the betrayed husband, the rest of the people. Why do not you talk about this, it's happening now. Oh yes, the witches ....

I will summarize not to put in a zipped bible file :). Why did they attack the Catholic church like Lawrence did? I will introduce you to Islam. Why do not you criticize Islamism, Hinduism, Spiritualism, Buddhism, ...? Only Catholics. I know the answer, because they know that Catholics are complacent, they have discernment between interpretation. This is a global order consequence.

The western society we know today has only reached this level because of the Catholic church.

Shoot the first stone who never sinned.
> What happened to your old avatar ?

nickname japheth was already used in Github ( it was most likely me signing up 10 years ago and then forgetting about this ), so I used "Baron von Riedesel", which is also a very nice name. You may shorten it to "Baron", if you like -  a reference to "Huckleberry Finn" with the "Duke" and the "King" .
The Orphanage / Re: Tomorrow is my birthday
« Last post by Mikl__ on Today at 09:35:53 AM »
In the beginning the pet bear didn't want to enter the room, because he was embarrassed by the guests who played by balalaika and drank vodka. When the bear cub got used to us a little and began to beg the guests for a treat him. When the bear was brought to the table to extinguish the candles on the cake, instead of blowing out the candles, he sucked in air together with the candles and cream of the cake. It was very fun for us and the bear cub too.
« Last post by RuiLoureiro on Today at 08:48:22 AM »
Looks good Marinus, I confess being a maths illiterate that I don't know how reciprocals work.
fld1            ; st(1)= 1.0
fld  num     ; st(0) = num
fdivp          ; st(0) = 1.0/num

The reciprocal of a fraction 4/5 is 5/4 ( n/m <-> m/n)
The reciprocal of x^n  is x^-n 
and the x^-n is x^n.
What is the reciprocal of 1/(1/2) ? is 1/2.
« Last post by Siekmanski on Today at 08:44:29 AM »
A reciprocal is 1/value

This is useful if you want to divide by a fixed number, say 100.0
Then the reciprocal is 1.0/100.0 = 0.01

Instead of dividing by 100.0 you multiply with 0.01
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 08:34:39 AM »
Looks good Marinus, I confess being a maths illiterate that I don't know how reciprocals work.
The Workshop / Re: Multiply matrix MxM by MxM real4 any size
« Last post by Siekmanski on Today at 08:12:09 AM »
The results.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10