Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
MasmBasic & the RichMasm IDE / Re: Miscellaneous snippets
« Last post by jj2007 on Today at 07:52:21 AM »
I rolled my own, actually. Your code is too complex for my old brain. But we could organise a speed test ;-)
Code: [Select]
uLen MACRO arg
  push esi
  push edx
  ifdifi <esi>, <arg>
mov esi, repargA(arg)
  endif
  xor edx, edx
  .While 1
lodsb
.Break .if !al
inc edx
.if al>=10000000b ; 128
inc esi
.if al>=11100000b
inc esi
.if al>=11110000b
inc esi
.if al>=11111000b
    inc esi
.endif
.endif
.endif
.endif
  .Endw
  xchg eax, edx
  pop edx
  pop esi
  EXITM <eax>
ENDM
« Last post by Antariy on Today at 07:25:44 AM »
So, you implemented those in your MB project, very cool and nice :T :t
« Last post by Antariy on Today at 07:21:32 AM »
Welcome back, my friend! Yes, that thread was interesting - almost 5 years ago. Time flies. In the meantime, I had forgotten that exchange of views, but MasmBasic does have some dedicated macros, like uLen, uLeft$ and uMid$...

Yes, that was purpose of that thread and algo research (making utf8 chars walking faster if possible)... strlen is the simplest usage of that implementation, but more important are string-manipulation functions like basic-like ones you mentioned :biggreen: It is harder to Mid$ something from the random dataflow of utf8 string than from other - fixed-width (length/size) - encodings like ASCII/ANSI/UTF16/32/etc are.
MasmBasic & the RichMasm IDE / Utf8 macros
« Last post by jj2007 on Today at 07:12:05 AM »
Welcome back, my friend! Yes, that thread was interesting - almost 5 years ago. Time flies. In the meantime, I had forgotten that exchange of views, but MasmBasic does have some dedicated macros, like uLen, uLeft$ and uMid$...
« Last post by Antariy on Today at 06:53:12 AM »
Hi Jochen

You wondered why strlen for UTF8 should be different proc than regular (single-byte encodings like ASCII/ANSI/ISO/etc) strlen.
Now probably you can review that thread just for fun :biggrin:

http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=2369.msg24543#msg24543
Examples / Re: Plenty of registers with no stack frame.
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 03:38:07 AM »
Jim,

Procedures with no stack frame are generally not well suited for calling other procedures so its not really a problem when you are writing leaf procedures. If you want a call tree, use a stack frame as you have no effective depth limit. Without the extra 8 registers it is far more difficult to build a call tree as you only have the volatile registers which are rax, rcx, rdx r8 - 11.
The Workshop / Re: Fast transposing matrix procedure for any size
« Last post by HSE on Today at 03:32:12 AM »
Fantastic Rui  :t
The Workshop / Re: Fast transposing matrix procedure for any size
« Last post by guga on Today at 03:08:29 AM »
Excelent work, Rui, as usual  :t :t :t :t
Examples / Re: Plenty of registers with no stack frame.
« Last post by jimg on Today at 03:04:37 AM »
Seems like it would be a nightmare trying to keep track of which proc did what and not call another proc that did the same thing, thus wiping out your values?
Custom Interface Components / Re: RAEdit static with example
« Last post by HSE on Today at 02:40:42 AM »
Hi Fearless!!

I'm thinking if you have KetilO full code package "Fbedit". KetilO make this things years ago. Of course they need some improvements (very welcome indeed  :biggrin:)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10