Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Laboratory / Re: Fast Compare Real8 with SSE
« Last post by Siekmanski on Today at 06:21:25 AM »

What is the better way for posting the equations for you ? PDF, doc, simple text ?

Whatever you like.

I found some interesting properties for "a" and "b' and also from x, y, z, but as i said, using their own equation won´t work at all. I found the limits for all of those monster, but i´m having trouble to go deeper reverting the algorithm until it´s original values for Red, Green and Blue.

The goal is to make the function fixes the inputed values of Red, Green and Blue before going deeper on the computations of XYZ->CieLab->CIELCH. Since i found their properties, the backwards computation seems ok too. But, fixing the inputed values is needed to be done 1st on the RGB to CieLCH

Can someone help ?.

This is not an easy task, if you ask me. ( very complicated algorithm.... )
« Last post by daydreamer on Today at 06:09:48 AM »

Can someone help ?.
please post pdf ,I dont know if I can help,its complex formulas
would it help if you check 8x8 pixels simultanously?

The Colosseum / Re: x86 Machine Code Statistics
« Last post by jj2007 on Today at 04:48:33 AM »
Really bad for .if .endif. Perhaps fail because .else

The statistics are for one of my sources. I've investigated a bit, the discrepancy has three causes:
1. .Break .if eax
2. nop ; there is .if in the comments
3. conditional assembly
« Last post by Raistlin on Today at 04:29:34 AM »
What I found extremely frightening was Intel's own published code for CPU identification inclusive of features. The use of mov ax serially executed 4 to 6 times... yes I might not get out much. So potentially not so strange to find these kind of interesting pseudo anomalies.
« Last post by felipe on Today at 04:27:32 AM »
There can be several calls to same subroutine and subroutine can have several ret's.

Of course! well thought   :t
« Last post by TimoVJL on Today at 03:08:52 AM »
It was from disassembled code,  so no exact correlations between them.
There can be several calls to same subroutine and subroutine can have several ret's.

BTW: what optimizing C/C++ compiler do, just give a try:
x86-64 gcc 8.2 -O2 -mavx2 -ffast-math:
https://gcc.godbolt.org/
Code: [Select]
float scalarproduct(float * array1, float * array2, int length) {
  float sum = 0.0f;
  for (int i = 0; i < length; ++i) {
    sum += array1[i] * array2[i];
  }
  return sum;
}
« Last post by hutch-- on Today at 03:04:31 AM »
Anything built with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 would be old code. The best optimisation I saw from 32 bit Microsoft C compilers was VC2003 which produced some very good if obscure optimisations.
« Last post by felipe on Today at 02:44:26 AM »
More intriguing is the imbalance of call and ret.

Maybe the compiler jumps back to return to the calling function...(i mean using jmp of course) :idea:. Maybe the compiler calls some functions and jumps to another before the first one finish, just to make the code a little more difficult to understand (obfuscated code)... :idea:

Anyway, where are the statistics of the use of instructions from the users of this forum!  :bgrin:
« Last post by guga on Today at 02:22:41 AM »
Ok, guys, i finished the properties of the equations, but i´m having some problems to solve for Red, Green and Blue parameters.

I´m doing the equations backwards (i.e.: reversing it to make the proper fixes) since Red, Green and Blue are directly related to X, Y, Z.

What is the better way for posting the equations for you ? PDF, doc, simple text ?

I found some interesting properties for "a" and "b' and also from x, y, z, but as i said, using their own equation won´t work at all. I found the limits for all of those monster, but i´m having trouble to go deeper reverting the algorithm until it´s original values for Red, Green and Blue.

The goal is to make the function fixes the inputed values of Red, Green and Blue before going deeper on the computations of XYZ->CieLab->CIELCH. Since i found their properties, the backwards computation seems ok too. But, fixing the inputed values is needed to be done 1st on the RGB to CieLCH

Can someone help ?.
« Last post by HSE on Today at 02:17:38 AM »
m2m?
The scrip is guessing what the code was. Really bad for .if .endif. Perhaps fail because .else.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10