Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Campus / Re: joke
« Last post by aw27 on Today at 06:01:53 AM »
- there are quite a number of tailored features that you don't miss because you never had them 8)
This really applies to you!  :t

Of course; for RichMasm, it's 72591 vs 91378 bytes, over 20% less. Launching the kkrunched Richmasm is only a few milliseconds slower, you can't even notice the difference.
I will not discuss your values, they simply mean that kkrunchy is not a good compressor. Because zip still has compression to do on it. A good compressor may even make the zip increase in size not reduce or just reduce slightly. There are much better free compressors. Have you tried mpress?
« Last post by jj2007 on Today at 05:26:05 AM »
However, I believe RichMasm is more word processor than editor

It is both, certainly. I do all my assembly plus my C and FreeBasic stuff with RichMasm. Real permanent bookmarks, a search listbox that is much better than the one of NotePad++ (yes, there is one, you are right), plus hyperlinks, etc - there are quite a number of tailored features that you don't miss because you never had them 8)

In other words, kkrunched+zip is smaller than zip alone!

Of course! For RichMasm, it's 72591 vs 91378 bytes, over 20% less. Launching the kkrunched Richmasm is only a few milliseconds slower, you can't even notice the difference.
MasmBasic & the RichMasm IDE / Re: my 100% Assembly game development
« Last post by HSE on Today at 02:56:17 AM »
Working very well here  :t

But...  :biggrin:  the images background now are a problem. With previous ascii map the images'  background were almost imperceptible.
« Last post by aw27 on Today at 12:27:07 AM »
You mentioned that RichMasm is kkrunched: yes, that is necessary to respect the forum's 512 kB limit for attachments; the "true" size is 145,408
So, you use a compressor on your application, then you zip it all and you are telling me that you obtain a smaller archive in the end. In other words, kkrunched+zip is smaller than zip alone!
« Last post by aw27 on Today at 12:19:55 AM »
I see editors as something like choosing girlfriends, I like slim racy blondes but some like buxom brunettes and everything else inbetween. If an editor does the job for you, that's all it can do, the rest is personal genius, hard work and sometimes, good luck.
I agree, I have used many editors since ms-dos Edlin  (still included in Windows 10 32-bit) :icon_rolleyes:.
However, I believe RichMasm is more word processor than editor, like those girls that are not.
MasmBasic & the RichMasm IDE / Re: my 100% Assembly game development
« Last post by daydreamer on Today at 12:01:16 AM »
nice work alex, but at some Point it stops working on my windows8.1 64 :t
after I died several times it appears, if that helps?
« Last post by daydreamer on February 17, 2018, 11:20:03 PM »
I see editors as something like choosing girlfriends, I like slim racy blondes but some like buxom brunettes and everything else inbetween. If an editor does the job for you, that's all it can do, the rest is personal genius, hard work and sometimes, good luck.
I Imagine qeditor is that blonde, the dot over I would be have that blonde as qeditors .Icon :badgrin:

some of us enjoy to code fast code to the extreme and/or small code

ObjAsm / Re: ObjAsm64
« Last post by Biterider on February 17, 2018, 10:10:20 PM »
Hi
There is an important feature hidden behind the SysInit and SysDone macros, the run-time initialization and shutdown.
In some cases, objects may require a kind of initial setup before we start working with them. In addition to some basic tasks, such as application heap management, the SysInit macro goes through all declared object templates and calls a static method called Startup. Objects that do not define this method are simply skipped.
For example, you are in the situation where you have many instances of a MyWindow object in your application, but you typically register the window class only once. In this case, the MyWindow.Startup method is called at the very beginning when SysInit is called to perform the registration. The method must be declared in the object definition and has no arguments. The same applies to the Shutdown method.

Code: [Select]
Object MyWindow, MyWindowID, WinPrimer
 StaticMethod      Startup
 StaticMethod      Shutdown
 …
ObjectEnd

Method MyWindow.Startup
 local WC:WNDCLASSEX

mov WC.cbSize, sizeof(WNDCLASSEX)
 …
 invoke RegisterClassEx, addr WC
MethodEnd

When the application shuts down, the reverse scenario may occur. In this case, SysDone simply calls MyWindow.Shutdown.
At this point, you're probably wondering which object instance we're working on. The answer, as mentioned above, is the object template. This fact is important because it has consequences. Only objects created after the SysInit call are initialized properly!

Regards, Biterider
« Last post by hutch-- on February 17, 2018, 09:52:31 PM »
« Last post by aw27 on February 17, 2018, 09:42:16 PM »
JJ,

Notepad++ has matches listbox even across all the opened documents!
It does not have bookmark list feature but there is a plugin that can do it, if we bother with that - I don't.

Notepad++ is not an RTF editor (who needs RTF for programming? Nobody had that idea before!), but it is a great programmer's editor. Since you have no idea, what Notepad++ is all about have a look here:
https://notepad-plus-plus.org/assets/images/docMap.png

It even has line numbers, imagine! Something absolutely useless in your opinion, of course.

Ah, and if you don't like the default colors (you have a great color appetite, as seen by your editor) there are lots of themes you can download for Notepad++. You can also change colors one by one if you are patient.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10