General > The Colosseum

Ethical?

(1/3) > >>

caballero:
First of all, I must tell that I'm agree with the concept of euthanasia, but I have found this news, a bit strange, regarding a law in Canada.

--- Quote ---according to author of Losing our Dignity, Charles Camosy, the C-7 Bill or 'the euthanasia law' bill passed last year, opens up suicide to those who are so poor they 'can't live with dignity'
--- End quote ---

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/euthanasia-will-allow-the-government-to-pay-to-help-you-kill-yourself/video/eb323102845abcee6bc5980352d4e1d9

jj2007:
Science Fiction?

--- Quote ---Mr Bernardi said in 2023 the government has ruled those who are experiencing mental health issues can use the service – even if it was their only medical condition.
--- End quote ---

hutch--:
Its an unhappy choice but some seriously ill people who are terminal go out in the most terrible pain and misery and in at least some hospitals, they get filled with heroine to relieve the pain and that often kills them. My mum as she was fading with an uncurable cancer had that option with a portable gadget but she used it sparingly as it effected her concentration. She preferred to be coherant.

No easy answer but at the bottom linem it should be an option that the seriously ill person should have and importantly, not be subject to any form of coercion either for against euthanasia.

caballero:
> No easy answer but at the bottom linem it should be an option that the seriously ill person should have and importantly, not be subject to any form of coercion either for against euthanasia.

Yes, I agree with all of that

jj2007:
So, does the anti-woke brigade offer any proof that Trudeau wants to solve the poverty problem with euthanasia?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version