Main Menu

RadASM 64?

Started by learn64bit, August 16, 2022, 09:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

learn64bit

No!
First step of Win64.

bluedevil

Are you going to make 64bit release of RadASM2?
..Dreams make the future
But the past never lies..
BlueDeviL // SCT
My Code Site:
BlueDeviL Github

quarantined

Quote from: blue_devil on August 16, 2022, 09:32:33 PM

Looking at the "code" in the attachment, I seriously doubt it myself.

The code itself is a mish-mash of macros and equates that don't have anything to do with the body of the "code" (if you can find it.)

Looks more like a lot of copy/paste and does not display a message box, since that code is commeted out (and in the wrong place anyway) . Not sure exactly WHAT that code is trying to do.   :nie:

I didnt even bother to try and assemble that, or even parse out the actual "code" bits, nevermind trying to find anything resembling a header. 
Not sure why this is here, since there is no rap file so it probably was/is not a radasm project
Just my humble opinions of course. And I had to reinstall Win 7 64 bit from an image just to look at that.  :eusa_naughty:

Edit to add:
Quote from: learn64bit on August 16, 2022, 09:06:40 PM
No!
First step of Win64.
No, the first step in any programming language is a simple "Hello World" in a console application.
Or if you are adventurous, a "Hello World" message box.
If you need help, you can always ask on this forum.

learn64bit

This is about conversion, not about programming.
Maybe You can show me your conversion?

I know I will never finish my conversion.
I hope somebody did a fulll conversion. So We can have fun with that. But who will insterest in this old RadASM 2, RadASM 3 is better and newer!

btw: I like Mikl__'s Win32 to Win64 conversion tutorials!

Anyway, RadASM will never die!

quarantined

I know I will never finish my conversion.
Oh ok. So you do wish to convert RadAsm to 64 bits then? I wish you good luck in that case. And sorry for my criticism.

NoCforMe

Quote from: swordfish on August 17, 2022, 11:49:45 AM
Quote from: blue_devil on August 16, 2022, 09:32:33 PM

Looking at the "code" in the attachment, I seriously doubt it myself.

The code itself is a mish-mash of macros and equates that don't have anything to do with the body of the "code" (if you can find it.)

Looks more like a lot of copy/paste and does not display a message box, since that code is commeted out (and in the wrong place anyway) . Not sure exactly WHAT that code is trying to do.   :nie:

Hmm; you probably shouldn't criticize things you don't understand.

Just casually looking through that code, it looks like the makings of a ... macro assembler. A little bit more complex than a "hello world" program. Way over my head anyhow. That's what all them macros are for ...
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

quarantined

Quote from: NoCforMe on August 17, 2022, 07:21:05 PM
Hmm; you probably shouldn't criticize things you don't understand.
Without any description, I did not know what that code was supposed to do. And if you read my last post I did apologize for the criticism.

Upon looking at some of the examples in the RadAsm package, I can see where the odd (not quite masm32 style) formatting stems from. But I did not see a ".rap" (radasm project file) file so I did not think his code was written in radasm style (so assumed masm32)
Anyway, I'll leave it at that. It's not in my purview to say what is a proper coding style or formatting. But it could have been written to be more understandable to us mortals.  :tongue:

NoCforMe

Quote from: swordfish on August 17, 2022, 07:27:56 PM
But it could have been written to be more understandable to us mortals.  :tongue:

Well, that applies to a lot of code out there! (But not mine, of course ...)
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

learn64bit

bluedevil

Dude, you're developing, i hope you won't loose motivation

Anyone can assemble and link with those:

@REM Windows ANSI -> code-page 936 - Chinese Simplified (GB2312) 936 <- EditPlus v3.51 1036
@echo off
\masm64\bin64\rc.exe /nologo /foRadASM.res /r "RadASM.rc"
\masm64\bin64\ml64.exe /nologo /c /I"/masm64/include64" RadASM.asm
\masm64\bin64\link.exe /nologo /subsystem:windows /LIBPATH:"\masm64\lib64" /entry:start /LARGEADDRESSAWARE RadASM.obj RadASM.res kernel32.lib
pause

Lastly, i now can see the border of the window; but window is empty.
..Dreams make the future
But the past never lies..
BlueDeviL // SCT
My Code Site:
BlueDeviL Github

learn64bit

Baby Walking step No. 3

learn64bit

learn64bit

Almost forgot to post the KetilO's origianl source codes.
3 ZIPs, all unzip to D:\RadASM2212Test folder.

learn64bit

learn64bit

No. 3, and that's all.