Message to All Guests

Main Menu

flowcharts&pseudocode&conceptart

Started by daydreamer, October 07, 2022, 07:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daydreamer

Decided to take out my older tablet e photoshop touch and pen to try draw
Flowcharts,concept art,pseudo code with instead of on paper

How many of you draw flowcharts or sketch concept art or use pseudo code before assembler?

my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

TimoVJL

A long time ago, i did notes, when i asked to do a program, but later i just imagined in my head.
At the time compiling was so slow and sometimes i just used Delphi or Visual Basic for creating interface.
May the source be with you

zedd151

The closest I had ever come to doing anything remotely similar was when I decided to write a bi-directional sorting algo. Scans for highest and lowest of strings from top to bottom, then back to top. Highest string placed in last position, lowest placed in first position. Then starting from bottom-1 scan upward to start+1, then downward to bottom -2 then back up to start+2. By the time the pointer is in the middle, should be fully sorted. Used a tokenized array of strings to do it. It worked, but was painfully slow compared to 'modern' sorting techniques. But still faster than just a top to bottom byte scanner method. If all of that makes sense somehow. I no longer have that diagram though.
I needed a visual of what I wanted the code to do.
If I can find that code I might post it if anyone wants a good laugh.  :biggrin:

Edited later to add: I've searched my hard drives and couldn't find that code. Ran across some other experimental sorting code though. But in the end, could not compete with some of the much faster algorithms out there already. They were fun coding projects though.

HSE

Flow chart sometimes is required to understand third party code. Or my own very old code!!  :biggrin:

No so useful for recent code because, for good or for bad, have a tendency to repeat similar ideas  :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

zedd151

I found some code in my archives  :cool:  that appears to be similar to what is described in post #2 here. I will have to play with it a bit to see if it is the same. It's been 6-7 years since I looked at that stuff. And of course, no comments. Of curse.  :tongue:

A little while later: no, it appears to be for something else.  :sad:

FORTRANS

Hi,

I have used pseudo code to start a project or to explain an Idea
to someone else.  And have posted some in this forum, though I
can't find them now.  I may have made flow charts when I was
starting out, but that was so long ago that I don't remember it now.

Regards,

Steve N.

daydreamer

to code a planet drawing sphere with texture of earthmap,moonmap sketching some sphere with math notes around it helped
old advantage I remember with old tablet:could exercise drawing chinese characters,undo/redo as many times I liked to get it right,while paper would be torn apart with too many erase/draw with pen
I can directly take pic of a brick wall and import it to photoshop touch to edit it to  a seamless texture
recently used it for texture making with cool font for bottle etiquettes sea theme names because I was thinking maybe create artwork ala Atlantis bar
new advantage today: I can sketch/make notes when its blowing outside with tablet,while block of paper would only annoying wanna blow away/turn pages
my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

zedd151

Ooh, I just remembered something. I have in the past jotted down some pseudocode when away from my computer. I was at work at the time, was thinking about a project I was working on everyday after work. Anyway  I'd email (on smartphone) myself that pseudocode so I could look at it when I got home. I guess this sort of counts. If I didn't do that, I would forget my thoughts by the time I was in front of my computer.  :biggrin:  It was usually better though to write it out in real code. Sometimes I'd forget what exactly the pseudocode was supposed to represent.  :toothy:

daydreamer

any way to zip a file in android,with or without some zipper app?

my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding

zedd151

daydreamer

my none asm creations
I am an Invoker
Like SIMD coding