Microsoft 64 bit MASM > MASM64 SDK

command_tail

(1/1)

zedd151:
I had noticed that command_tail does not work if the file name argument contains spaces. If a file (whose name contains spaces) is dragged and dropped on any editors (shortcut icon) that uses command_tail, an error message box pops up saying the file cannot be found. Tested on tEditor, tEdit and the two editors generated via the scripting engine in the masm 64 SDK ('Full Edit' and 'Edit Template script'). qeditor on the other hand accepts and loads the file without issue. If the file name does not contain spaces command_tail works as expected.
Would be rather inconvenient to have to rename files to accommodate this behavior.  :tongue: 
I was going to make a 32 bit version of command_tail for use in my editor(via downconversion), but... will probably use older legacy code for that instead.

hutch--:
Thanks Z, I will tweak that shortly. It opens files from Explorer and Winfile OK but dropped does not work.

zedd151:

--- Quote from: hutch-- on October 11, 2022, 03:16:37 AM ---Thanks Z, I will tweak that shortly. It opens files from Explorer and Winfile OK but dropped does not work.

--- End quote ---
Sorry for being a pain in the arse. Yes, otherwise it works fine. I'll probably put the older code (using shlwapi) into either a macro or procedure for use in my editor. Or GetCL. I forgot about that one. I used getcl_ex.  :smiley:

hutch--:
I tracked it down, forgot to remove the double quotes and my exist function spat the dummy. Will have it posted shortly.

PS:It was a genuine ton of fun to find in threaded file IO.  :biggrin:

zedd151:
It Verks now.  :biggrin:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version