Author Topic: Puppy!  (Read 1428 times)

zedd151

Puppy!
« on: November 02, 2022, 01:58:43 AM »
About a week ago my sister found a little puppy wandering around our front yard. The puppy started following her, so of course my sister decided to give the skinny puppy something to eat. It was dirty, malnourished and extremely hungry. The following day sister151 (she doesn't want me to put her name  :tongue: ) took the little puppy to the vet for the usual puppy vaccinations and a general checkup. The puppy is a pitbull/terrier mix.
We already have a 10 year old black labrador/border collie mix, Gypsy. They at least tolerate each other so far, and seem to be warming up to each other a little at a time.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 09:57:55 PM by zedd151 »
Regards, zedd.
:tongue:

zedd151

Re: Puppy!
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2022, 02:09:13 AM »
The puppy is not microchipped and none of the neighbors know where the puppy came from or who the owner could be. We assume that someone just abandoned this puppy on our road. Who would do that to a helpless little doggy? The puppy is very playful, and when playing with Gypsy would growl at her and chase her around. I wanted to name her "spicy nugget" but my sister prefers just "Nugget".  :biggrin:
Regards, zedd.

Siekmanski

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2022, 03:30:46 AM »
 Nice to hear that lovely puppy found a good home.  :thumbsup:
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

Gunther

• Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2022, 03:35:00 AM »
zedd151,

a cute little dog. Who won the naming contest?
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

zedd151

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2022, 03:52:50 AM »
Who won the naming contest?
My sister of course, "Nugget". I still think should be "Spicy Nugget" since the little pupper is spicy (still teething, nipping, acts like a big dog in some respects, etc).  :biggrin:
Regards, zedd.

daydreamer

• my kind of REAL10 Blonde
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2022, 11:15:51 PM »
Nice to hear that lovely puppy found a good home.  :thumbsup:
I agree :thumbsup:
my none asm creations
http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

zedd151

Puppy Update
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2022, 01:22:36 AM »
The little one is growing every day. The two dogs, Gypsy and Nugget now take walks together and play with each other. Gypsy being older, does not always want to play though; so lets the puppy know when she doesn't want to play.
Nugget is just like a toddler, curious about everything and has to "taste" everything. She gets into mischief every day. Slowly she is learning not to relieve herself in the house. The grandchildren came over yesterday and the puppy couldn't be happier. More pictures later, have to resize them when I'm back at the computer...
Regards, zedd.

Greenhorn

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2022, 03:33:39 AM »
This is a heartwarming story.  :thumbsup:
Kole Feut un Nordenwind gift en krusen Büdel un en lütten Pint.

daydreamer

• my kind of REAL10 Blonde
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2022, 07:49:18 AM »
Nice  :thumbsup:
my none asm creations
http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

zedd151

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2022, 12:10:01 PM »
puppy pix
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 09:57:24 PM by zedd151 »
Regards, zedd.

zedd151

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2022, 12:13:40 PM »
more puppy pix
« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 09:57:05 PM by zedd151 »
Regards, zedd.

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2022, 01:48:41 PM »
 :biggrin:

Nice looking dog Z !
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

zedd151

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2022, 02:30:37 PM »
:biggrin:

Nice looking dog Z !
Right now she's a sweet little girl. She is a pit bull/terrier mixed breed according to the vet (by appearance, body structure - not DNA test) I just hope she stays sweet and not become vicious. Right now she gets into minor scraps with our labrador Gypsy, who is almost 11 years old. (Gypsy does not like to play as much as the puppy wants to) So far they at least tolerate each other's presence fairly well, as long as there's no food involved; otherwise  they prefer to eat separately, which is expected. Nugget the puppy is the sweetest first thing in the morning, just wants to give everyone kisses and her tail just wags and wags.
Regards, zedd.

Greenhorn

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2022, 12:35:16 AM »
Right now she's a sweet little girl. She is a pit bull/terrier mixed breed according to the vet (by appearance, body structure - not DNA test) I just hope she stays sweet and not become vicious. Right now she gets into minor scraps with our labrador Gypsy, who is almost 11 years old. (Gypsy does not like to play as much as the puppy wants to) So far they at least tolerate each other's presence fairly well, as long as there's no food involved; otherwise  they prefer to eat separately, which is expected. Nugget the puppy is the sweetest first thing in the morning, just wants to give everyone kisses and her tail just wags and wags.

If you don't train Nugget to be a fighting dog she will just be a dog. And if "Mom" and/or "Dad" are relaxed, calm and friendly people there should be nothing to be worried about. The dog is always a mirror of his owner.
Kole Feut un Nordenwind gift en krusen Büdel un en lütten Pint.

zedd151

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2022, 02:24:14 AM »
And if "Mom" and/or "Dad" are relaxed, calm and friendly people there should be nothing to be worried about.
We try our best, and try to keep our other dog Gypsy calm around the puppy as well. Thanks for the advice.
Regards, zedd.