News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

The next version of TestEdit

Started by hutch--, December 06, 2022, 04:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

This has been replaced with "CodeEdit" in a new posting.

zedd151

Quote from: hutch-- on December 06, 2022, 04:26:13 AM
I have not yet got auto-indent working reliably so it is not included in this version. I have it working but it can crash while using it and I have not yet tracked the bug down.
:sad:   I much anticipate this one (auto-indent) as I have had a considerable amount of trouble getting this working 100% of the time on my editors.  :biggrin:  WARNING! I may have to swipe it (for convert to 32 bit  :greensml: ) if it ever comes to fruition in my lifetime.  :tongue: 

This is about as close to releasing qeditors source (you said once 'that it will go with you to the grave'  :tongue: ) Of course most funcs here have probably been rewritten differently from the legacy version qeditor (32 bit) besides of course being 64 bit and missing a few bits that could be added by user.

QuoteThe idea is to address the requirement that some people have to be in control of their own editor and configure it that way they want.
:rolleyes:  (zedds looks away, non chalantly {spelling?})  :biggrin:

This program looks solid so far, only one thing I don't care for though. No global replace. Its a pain in the arse having to find each occurence of a word that needs replacing in numerous places (of course can be remedied by user). Otherwise I like it.  :thumbsup:  Great job as always hutch! I always liked the modular approach.  :thup:

HSE

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

hutch--

I have got the auto-indent working and reliable. (Stole it out of the 64 bit teditor.exe)

I am mainly worried about posting too many versions in a hurry.

Z,

I may be able to steal the QE auto-indent. Back porting the 64 bit version would be a genuine nightmare.

I am doing you a favour by never posting the QE source, it has been tweaked since 2008 and it is that complex, you would grow old trying to comprehend how it works.

zedd151

Quote from: hutch-- on December 06, 2022, 11:41:50 AM
I am doing you a favour by never posting the QE source, it has been tweaked since 2008 and it is that complex, you would grow old trying to comprehend how it works.

:biggrin:
Fair enough, but I didn't really ask... just inferred.  :tongue:   :biggrin: