News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

CodeEdit, the Middle Year Edition

Started by HSE, July 18, 2023, 05:17:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mineiro

I found some old codes that implement line number.
I was able to find one here in this board.
https://www.masmforum.com/archive2005/editbox_203.zip

Others are inside Radasm as you know. But I found other in my computer that I was not able to find again in this board, so I'm posting.
Attached.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

lingo

Quote.. at least not for sources with more than 65535 lines..
:smiley:
jj.png
Copy the link and paste it to new tab of the browser...
Quid sit futurum cras fuge quaerere.

jj2007

Quote from: lingo on July 19, 2023, 07:05:41 AM
Quote.. at least not for sources with more than 65535 lines..
:smiley:
jj.png
Copy the link and paste it to new tab of the browser...

Interesting. Which RichEdit version, how did you do it? Can you post the executable?

HSE

Hi mineiro!

Quote from: mineiro on July 19, 2023, 06:49:52 AMBut I found other in my computer that I was not able to find again in this board, so I'm posting.

:thumbsup: Fantastic!! That is RadAsm before to be RadAsm  :biggrin: .

Thanks, HSE.

Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

HSE

Hi all,

I don't want to lost time with line numbers, just happen that KetilO's code, reposted by mineiro, is too easy to plug  :biggrin:

Update in first post.

zedd151

Pretty good on the line numbers!  :thumbsup:
But for line numbers > 99999, the left side of the line numbers are cut off, only enough space for 5 digits there.
Otherwise the line numbering looks good. Still has the scroll bar issue though, I see.

edit to add. Looks like some misalignment - between the line numbers, and the text... otherwise looks nice.
33 visible line numbers, only 31 lines of visible text

click image to view full size

Used "winextra.inc' pasted multiple times for this example.

HSE

Quote from: zedd151 on July 21, 2023, 09:42:01 AMUsed "winextra.inc' pasted multiple times for this example.

:thumbsup: I also open that, but only once. I think is the bigger file.

Quote from: zedd151 on July 21, 2023, 09:42:01 AMLooks like some misalignment

I made code more simple and font height was incorrect  :biggrin:

Updated.

jj2007

Quote from: mineiro on July 19, 2023, 06:49:52 AMI found some old codes that implement line number.

Good job, mineiro :thumbsup:

RichEdit's built-in mechanism, i.e. PFM_NUMBERING is broken, but drawing on the DC is a valid alternative.

zedd151

Quote from: HSE on July 21, 2023, 10:06:02 AMI made code more simple and font height was incorrect  :biggrin:

Updated.
Its okay, it IS still a Work In Progress after all.

zedd151

Much better. Alignment is exact.  :thumbsup:

Click to view full size

Posted wrong image at first, Now correct image. Oops!

Now time for you to fix the Scroll Issue...  :wink2:

mineiro

Quote from: jj2007 on July 21, 2023, 10:09:49 AMGood job, mineiro :thumbsup:

RichEdit's built-in mechanism, i.e. PFM_NUMBERING is broken, but drawing on the DC is a valid alternative.

I remember an iczelion page that talks about using dc to paint more quickly. Like an overlay window (transparent window above text edit window, by subclassing) to hilite words.
I suppose that Ketil have based a bit of their hard work by looking to source code of iczelion "asmedit", maybe I'm wrong (both have used IDM_ prefix to name some controls and date differs). Have also "simed" by Ketil that it's a full editor (code folding, line numbers, syntax hilite, ...) using only raedt.dll and simed.exe, you can find in wayback machine.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything