Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Notepad++ and assembler

Started by Mikl__, March 04, 2023, 03:15:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikl__

I figured it out cls
set masm64=d:\first_folder_on_drive\second_folder_on_drive\...
cd "$(CURRENT_DIRECTORY)"
npp_run  $(MASM64)\hiew32.exe $(NAME_PART).exe

Mikl__

Hello everyone!
Question about syntax highlighting in Notepad++. Standard delivery Menu item "Syntaxes" "A" "Assembly". It seems that the coloring suits, but how to add a fold by procedure (proc-endp), structure/union (struct/union-ends), comment block (comment character-character), entire section (.data, .data?, .code). While I found an incomprehensible functionList asm.xml, the coloring of keywords in stylers.model.xml, the keywords themselves in langs.model.xml

satpro

I am a couple of minutes late  :eusa_boohoo:  to this topic, but I would like to address code folding on NPP.  It does it!  There are keyboard shortcuts to use, but you can see all the options right in the "View" menu.  You will want to look through the plugins (a menu option also), too, because while it is not full of "assembly" stuff, it is loaded with useful tools.  Building any-sized programs is just so easy and hassle-free.

You can mess with the XML files no problem, provided you work with the right ones (there are two sets in the installed version).  You can also work within the program to display ONLY those languages you are interested in, which cleans up the menu a bunch.

After a decade+ I have yet to find its equal.

Greenhorn

Quote from: Mikl__ on March 19, 2023, 01:22:50 PM
Hello everyone!
Question about syntax highlighting in Notepad++. Standard delivery Menu item "Syntaxes" "A" "Assembly". It seems that the coloring suits, but how to add a fold by procedure (proc-endp), structure/union (struct/union-ends), comment block (comment character-character), entire section (.data, .data?, .code). While I found an incomprehensible functionList asm.xml, the coloring of keywords in stylers.model.xml, the keywords themselves in langs.model.xml

Mikl,

you can define code folding via "User Defined Language" in the "Language" menu.

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/resources/
QuoteUser Defined Language files

For some reasons that some languages are not supported by Notepad++, User Language Define System can help you out in this case. This system allows user to define his own language : not only the syntax highlighting keywords definition, but also the syntax folding keywords definition, comment keywords definition and the operators definition.

You can define your language via User Language Define Dialog. However, the language you need may be already defined by someone-else in this User Defined Languages Collection.

https://npp-user-manual.org/docs/user-defined-language-system/
QuoteExt.: ____ will accept a list of zero or more extensions (without the period). Files that match these extensions will be interpreted as belonging to the currently-selected UDL, and will be styled appropriately. These extensions override the default extensions for pre-defined Languages, so if your UDL's extension conflicts with another language's extension, the UDL will take priority. For example Ext.: md mkdn will associate file.mkdn or something.md with your selected UDL.
Kole Feut un Nordenwind gift en krusen Büdel un en lütten Pint.

Mikl__

Hi Greenhorn!
Thank you very much for your answer. I'll try your tips.