News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Win 11 Services strip down.

Started by K_F, January 01, 2023, 06:12:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_F

Other than BlackViper's goodies does anyone have a link or knowledge on stripping down Win11 services to a minimal system ?
:thumbsup:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

Vortex

https://regen.hu/win11/disable-windows-services/disable-windows-services-en-EN.html

hutch--

The GOD mode is a goer, found it some time ago and it is occasionally useful.

zedd151

Quote from: hutch-- on January 01, 2023, 08:45:36 PM
The GOD mode is a goer, found it some time ago and it is occasionally useful.
Create a New Folder rename to exactly:
God Mode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}  :tongue:
When the icon changes to "Control Panel" icon, double click it.
You should have a list of various settings in one place ...
Each item must be double clicked, not single click like in control panel.

It was introduced for Windows 7 (could have been Vista), an undocumented feature from what I've read

hutch--

:biggrin:

Strangely enough, after having used it for years, I know how to set it up and use it.  :tongue:

zedd151

Quote from: hutch-- on January 02, 2023, 12:20:11 AM

Strangely enough, after having used it for years, I know how to set it up and use it.  :tongue:
That wasn't for you, of course you know.  :tongue:  But anyone else, since you didn't provide the (well known) "secret" folder name.  :biggrin:
I've used it for years as well.  :cool:  Convenient way to access some settings without traversing all around the control panel. Actually I'm surprised it still works for Windows 10 (verified) and possibly Windows 11 (unverified) as well.
Windows 11 can use God Mode. Thank you C3 for that info. (Post below this one)

C3

Hi,

GOD Mode works in Windows 11. I remember founding this in Windows 7.

Happy New Year, Petter

Vortex

https://www.instructables.com/How-to-enable-Windows-7-God-Mode/

NoCforMe

Well, whaddya know: I followed the instructions on that page, created the folder on my desktop, it works.

Then I tried something: Opened my TheBox container (details in the Workshop here), dragged the folder into the box, double-clicked it and it opened!

The nice thing is I can change that godawful name in the caption to just "God Mode" and it still works.
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.

K_F

Thanks all  :thumbsup:

Just got a new box, before I switched on... pulled it apart, pulled out the wireless module, trashed the installed win10 and installed win11.
The box will remain 'isolated'  :badgrin:, but still need to pull off all the crap.

Had the seller/retailer emailing me a few times if I got my delivery.
Replied a few times, Yes and happy.  :winking:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

InfiniteLoop

You could try Ghost Spectre.

I've disabled everything apart from the most critical services needed to run "windows security" and backup because there's too many things to remember and it would take 4 days again to get it right.

W1zards guide + NTLite + msmgtool kit + NTFS last access disable + lowdiskspacecheck disable + disable storport + delete mccupdate_genuineintel.dll (microcode)

DeviousMalcontent

Quote from: K_F on January 01, 2023, 06:12:49 AM
Other than BlackViper's goodies does anyone have a link or knowledge on stripping down Win11 services to a minimal system ?
:thumbsup:

If you want a bare bones version of the windows operating system with no services whatsoever, give WinPE a try, I recently made a video where I was developing software (My tile map editor) in MASM32 using the 32-bit version of the toolkit, although I contained it in a VM, on my Linux machine, you would also need to commit your changes to git to be able to save your work or use and external flash drive as there's no internal storage.

Vortex

Hi Mark,

Talking about WinPE, one of the best builds with a nice GUI :

https://github.com/ChrisRfr/Win10XPE

QuoteWin10XPE will help you build a lightweight desktop Windows 10 or Windows 11 Preinstallation Environment (WinPE) for performing tasks or troubleshooting a Windows OS while it is Offline or for installing a Windows OS. It can be booted via USB drive, CD-ROM, or hard disk.

DeviousMalcontent

Quote from: Vortex on July 04, 2023, 05:45:23 AM
Hi Mark,

Talking about WinPE, one of the best builds with a nice GUI :

https://github.com/ChrisRfr/Win10XPE

Interesting, although I do prefer the challenge of literally having the command line to work with, The MAS32 SDK also provides a number of tools Out of the box to supplement the minimalism of WinPE, that, and PowerShell makes it very easy to automate stuff.