Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Win64 Size Test

Started by hutch--, January 10, 2023, 10:29:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zedd151

Quote from: hutch-- on January 11, 2023, 01:08:26 PM
... I would like to blame it on senile decay but its a ratio of quantity. ...
Can I steal that line for the next time anyone says I'm going senile, or am getting Alzheimers?   :biggrin:

Gunther

zedd151,

Quote from: zedd151 on January 11, 2023, 01:25:01 PM
Can I steal that line for the next time anyone says I'm going senile, or am getting Alzheimers?   :biggrin:

give credit where credit is due. :cool:
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

hutch--

:biggrin:

There is an inverse logic in claiming senile decay, if you can claim it, you are not senile (yet) but if you can't or don't remember, you may have already gone down that path.  :eusa_boohoo:

Now for those who share the modesty of being infallible, optional senility allows you to say "I have never made a mistake" and while no-one will believe you, its a case of who cares.  :tongue:

zedd151

Quote from: Gunther on January 11, 2023, 02:30:19 PM give credit where credit is due. :cool:
But of course.  :biggrin:

Quote from: hutch-- on January 11, 2023, 03:07:03 PM... and while no-one will believe you, its a case of who cares.
  :tongue:  

daydreamer

Here I heard usage of "I got alzheimers lite", when someone forgot something  :greenclp:
Isn't minimum 64bit program just the opcode ret
Like in 32bit?
Or postquitmessage?

One phrase
-"I forgot to take my pill against senile decay"
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

jj2007

Quote from: daydreamer on January 12, 2023, 08:28:08 PM
Isn't minimum 64bit program just the opcode ret

I doubt it :biggrin:

Anyway, the specs for my 1456 byte proggie were "a window with a WM_PAINT handler" :cool:

hutch--

I got what I was after with the test piece, running a 64 byte section alignment, runs on Win10 and only a few of the donkey AV scanners (he haw he haw) spat the dummy on it.

daydreamer

Tiny .ico files helps for both 64bit and 32bit
92 bytes .ico files as main program icon Little extreme
But smaller .ico file double as program icon and invoke drawiconex or to put in button can save space
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

hutch--

Sounds like interesting stuff Magnus but I am not into 4k demos, I am into apps and tools.