News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Hi from Hutch

Started by hutch--, March 31, 2023, 05:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zedd151

Hello (stoo23) Stewart, thank you for the info you provided. Member "jj2007" would most likely want to contact you. Jochen (jj2007) has been actively trying to figure out how to continue the forum, either here or another venue. Would be great if we could keep much of the original forum intact. Again, thanks for the heads up and for having the foresight to help out the community here. It would be a great honor to hutch to keep his legacy alive.

jj2007

Quote from: stoo23 on May 30, 2023, 06:22:14 PMWhilst I Was aware of Hutch's interest in MASM, Hutch also ran another Forum / Web site for Serious 'Bespoke Tailors and Cutters'

Sometimes he posted here about scissors etc. He was very proud of his old tools, so it's not a surprise that he had a "second life" here:
QuoteI have been missing for a month straight
« on: April 19, 2023, 02:29:36 PM »
I turned up at my local coffee shop one morning as pale as a sheet and really tired so some friends dragged me off to a local medical center who them sent me straight to St Vincents hospital. I got back home to turn my computers off and close a balcony door but was then kept a prisoner for 4 weeks with endless testing and endlessly woken up with more testing.

A mate of mine came to pick me up last night and got me home in a cab but after 4 weeks of broken sleep, endless testing and no exercise, I am only just coming good, still very tired but starting to shape up OK.

Hutch was a very special person, with multiple talents. Inter alia, he had a thorough knowledge of philosophy and geopolitics.

QuoteJust thought I should let you all know, that I managed to find & speak with the 'Hosting' company here in Sydney and they were very friendly and helpful and at least for the time being All should remain in place and functioning without fear of the Site disappearing.

I have informed them of the situation etc and hopefully we will be able to gain Admin' access and begin appropriate discussions with your 'Community' of users about how to manage and look after this 'Resource', moving forward.

This is great news, thank you so much, Stewart :thup:

stoo23

Hi,.. Well, I would suggest there would be NO problems in (at least initially) continuing to keep it 'Hosted' where it is.
They are a Very Good company, with good equipment and reviews etc and realistically could continue that way as long as it proves to be financially appropriate etc as it can be 'Administered' from Anywhere :)

As suggested, I should have Details soon and gain Access to the Forum and server etc,. Will keep you informed and happy to discuss / communicate as deemed appropriate by yourselves.
Cheers

LiaoMi

I am so shocked that I just have no words ... Mentally, I lost a part of myself, as Steve had a big impact on my life. May his new rebirth have a good destiny!!!

My condolences to family, friends, and colleagues!

jj2007

Quote from: LiaoMi on May 30, 2023, 08:13:34 PM
I am so shocked that I just have no words ... Mentally, I lost a part of myself, as Steve had a big impact on my life.

True. I do have a wife and two teenagers to care for, but in my spare time I spent an awful lot of time on the forum, often arguing with Hutch about 64-bit vs 32-bit code, or geopolitics - he was very versatile :biggrin:

Let's honour him by posting code, ok? :tongue:

six_L

Hi, all members

Hutch-- posted his wish there.http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=10473.msg115735#msg115735
Hutch-- wanted to walk on the Great Wall, but his wish did not come true. because the relations between China and Australia don't improve enough.This was quite regrettable.

i would guess:his greatest wish was letting the masm become the first programming language for computers.
Say you, Say me, Say the codes together for ever.

TimoVJL

Quote from: six_L on June 01, 2023, 03:08:49 AM
Hutch-- wanted to walk on the Great Wall, but his wish did not come true.
Someone should go there to respect Steven's will.
May the source be with you

jj2007

mikeburr

shocked to hear about Hutch .. he put in a huge amount of effort and expertise that im sure is enjoyed by us all
,ike b

i Z !

Hello all,

I just read the horrible news.. there's things I would still like to discuss with him, about 3D printing, etc. , but we haven't been in touch in the last years. I also shared many of his views about ongoing topics. He must have been a cool guy. RIP

jj2007 I hope you got my PM with my email addr.

JoeBr

Over the years I've read posts on this forum and have learned a TON.  I haven't chimed-in all that much, but as I said I learned alot.  Hutch was always outspoken, had a ton of expertise, and to me he was a God.  I will miss him.

Hutch, we will all miss you VERY MUCH.  You made the world a better place, and you've contributed more than can be expressed in words.

Joe

Rockphorr

DeviousMalcontent

I'm quite shocked to have learned this today, I am a new member, but I have been lurking on these forums for a number of years, where I became interested in assembler, and nearly every bit of external reference I found about MASM32 had Steve's name on it.

I only saw a YouTube comment he left me about a week ago, but it was a month or so old.

It's a little bit hard to believe to be honest. May he rest in peace. :sad:

jj2007

Hi Mark,

We were all shocked, of course. And we discovered that Hutch had a second and third life. Have you ever seen him? There are more photos, but right now I don't find them.

stoo23