Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Hi from Hutch

Started by hutch--, March 31, 2023, 05:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FORTRANS

Hi,

Sorry to hear this.  He will be missed by all here in the forum.
Rest in peace.

Regards,

Steve N.

stevenxie

As an old friend of China, I will love you forever. The great cause of your English name and assembly language will be together in the world.

Vortex

Hutch's contibution to the modern assembly programming practice is huge and very important. His name and efforts will be always remembered. Rest in peace Hutch, you are immortal in our memories.

Siekmanski

Rest in peace, Hutch.
You will be remembered as a great man with a great sense of humour, your sharp brain and superb assembly skills.
Thanks for building this great community of ASM programmers and all the work you put into Masm programming.
You will be missed.

Marinus
Creative coders use backward thinking techniques as a strategy.

jj2007

I will miss you, cantankerous old bastard. The oldest reference I could find on the web dates August 2001, but I'm sure there are older ones (the screenshot below is about version 7).

When you started Masm32 over 20 years ago, Assembly was a dead language. Now I have over 5,000 Assembly sources on my harddisk, of which about one third full-fledged Windows applications. You deserve credit for that - without your baby Masm32, x86 Assembly would be a faint memory from the past.

RIP :thup:

9 June 2002

Gunther

What a sad news. RIP good old friend, Steve aka Hutch. We miss you.
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

avcaballero

What sad news. Even though it was something, I think, all of us who frequent the forum feared, I still held out hope that he might come back on his feet. Without having gotten to know him personally, he was a friendly person and a reference in various walks of life. I wish we could have had a beer together. Get the peace of the other life.

fearless

Sad to hear of Steve's passing. His work has inspired many of us and he leaves behind a huge legacy with his body of work on the Masm forums and the MASM32 SDK. RIP Hutch.

zedd151

Sad news to be sure. But many of us had in the back of our mind that something was terribly wrong even though Steve did not give any indications how serious his health was. He will be sorely missed. RIP hutch.  :sad:

HSE

Thanks Richard, for sure even cats and dog will miss Steve in that street. So sad for us also. 

I'm sure Hutch, You will not stop to fuel up useful and funny discussions, just somewhere else.

Héctor.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

mineiro

God be with you sir Hutch.
Thank you for being part of my life.
I'd rather be this ambulant metamorphosis than to have that old opinion about everything

José Roca

I break my silence to express my deep sadness at Hutch's death. Although we did not agree on many things, we both respected each other as programmers. May he rest in peace.

Greenhorn

This message makes me really sad. My deep condolences to his family and friends.

He will leave a big gap, not only in this forums.

"Das Schönste, was ein Mensch hinterlassen kann,
ist ein Lächeln im Gesicht derjenigen, die an ihn denken."

Rest in peace, Steve Leslie Hutchesson.
Kole Feut un Nordenwind gift en krusen Büdel un en lütten Pint.

jj2007

Quote from: José Roca on May 28, 2023, 05:07:41 AM
I break my silence to express my deep sadness at Hutch's death. Although we did not agree on many things, we both respected each other as programmers. May he rest in peace.

Thank you, José. I also argued a lot with him, and I am pretty sure he had moments when he considered kicking me out, but then we came together again over some thread in The Laboratory. He loved programming (and geopolitics, of course :tongue:).

Mikl__

Sleep tight, Hutch. Your name and your work will always be remembered. Hutch, you will forever be in our memory. May the earth rest in peace for you...