Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Hi from Hutch

Started by hutch--, March 31, 2023, 05:55:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymond

Quote from: hutchneighbour on May 27, 2023, 04:13:26 PM
Very sad to report the news but I am reliably informed that Hutch passed away last night.

I was shocked to read the bad news. But eventually, we are all born to expect the same fate sooner or later. I can still remember some 30 years ago when Steve convinced me to switch from DOS programming to MASM32. And, he never stopped expanding it.

RIP Steve. We will always remember you.

@hutchneighbour: It would be appreciated if you can post a link to the site of the funeral home where Steve's obituary can be seen.
Whenever you assume something, you risk being wrong half the time.
http://www.ray.masmcode.com

JK

... very, very sad to read that ... i got tears in my eyes ... another icon of my programming life passed away ...

RIP Hutch and thanks for all!

mabdelouahab

morgot

It's very sad. Rest in peace. Thanks for the assembler.

Too bad good people die, and crap like Biden Putine Soros and the like live on and won't die!
------
What will happen to the forum? Who has the data from the hosting? Until when is it paid for? Gotta save the database, lots of good examples and answers here.
Sorry for the bad English

C3

Rest In Peace Hutch. We will remember you, as your work for us was indispensable. What you gave us is now what we will save and use to improve remembering you. Hopefully we can organize a new place to get together if server is going down?

WillASM

You will be missed greatly Hutch. A true inspiration to countless people.

I can't even remember how long I stayed using dos simply because I thought assembly in Windows was impossible.
Then you changed all that for me and many, many more people. A very sad day indeed.
Rip Hutch and may heaven be all 0's and 1's for you.

ewok

rest in peace Hutch, and thanks for all you did

bluedevil

I just cannot believe this news. I am so sad. Rest in peace old friend. This forum, this community is where I am most active. If I am so into assembly one of the big reason is hutch, his work and this community. You will be missed! Great love from Turkiye!
..Dreams make the future
But the past never lies..
BlueDeviL // SCT
My Code Site:
BlueDeviL Github

jack

I am very sad that hutch has left us, even though I was not very active on this forum, hutch was always warm and friendly
as morgot said, I hope that someone is able to get a copy of this forum before they pull the plug and puts in on another server

greenozon

RIP dear friend Hutch...
maybe your soul be happy in outer worlds
thanks for super massive contributio to the Earth people...

LordAdef

Hi everyone,

I just heard through JJ about Hutch and had to come and join our Masm32 family. I am without words and Hutch will be deeply missed. He welcomed me warmly when I first came here.

It's now on us to keep his work to carry on. We cannot let it go.
Man, this is so sad....
Alex

daydreamer

Rest in peace hutch
Thanks to masm32 package i got back to asm programming
Condolences to his family
my none asm creations
https://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=6937.msg74303#msg74303
I am an Invoker
"An Invoker is a mage who specializes in the manipulation of raw and elemental energies."
Like SIMD coding

guga

What ?????

I heard it from JJ today, and i simply cannot believe it yet. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

It´s a sad sad day for all of us. I just talked to him from facebook last month to see if he was ok. And on his facebook, i found no information from his relatives. OMG..it´s really hard to know this information.

My condolences for his family and all his friends.

https://www.facebook.com/steve.hutchesson

Rest in peace, my dear good old friend.
Coding in Assembly requires a mix of:
80% of brain, passion, intuition, creativity
10% of programming skills
10% of alcoholic levels in your blood.

My Code Sites:
http://rosasm.freeforums.org
http://winasm.tripod.com

HSE

Quote from: guga on May 30, 2023, 04:26:37 AM
i found no information from his relatives

Apparently the electronics repair shop of the Hutch's older brother still is running. He passed a couple of years ago, I have no idea if still is the family business.
Equations in Assembly: SmplMath

stoo23

Hello to All & Sundry.

By way of introduction, I was a Long time old friend of our recently departed "Hutch",...   :( :'(
(I first met him whilst engaging in a particularly obscure hobby in 1970, as a young teenager)

Firstly, may I Sincerely thank you all, for your Kind, sincere and obviously 'Heart-felt' comments.

Like Many that knew him personally & locally, (in SO Many diverse & different endeavours and walks of life), he WILL be Missed by us all,... So Sad,.. We,... (possibly much like he himself) often tend to live our lives, pursuing our Interests and activities, without thought relating to our Age, Health and Mortality so we are at this stage somewhat unsure about certain aspects.

Along with his Brother and a couple of Other Close friends, spent a few hours at the House yesterday reviewing the situation, Gaining access to his computers etc and searching for appropriate possible documentation etc.

Whilst I Was aware of Hutch's interest in MASM, Hutch also ran another Forum / Web site for Serious 'Bespoke Tailors and Cutters', It was only through the advice of 'hutchneighbour' that I was made aware of the two Forums and can also appreciate the intrinsic usefullness and purpose to both groups and the Need to keep them up and running and available etc.

Just thought I should let you all know, that I managed to find & speak with the 'Hosting' company here in Sydney and they were very friendly and helpful and at least for the time being All should remain in place and functioning without fear of the Site disappearing.

I have informed them of the situation etc and hopefully we will be able to gain Admin' access and begin appropriate discussions with your 'Community' of users about how to manage and look after this 'Resource', moving forward.

As both this and the other forum are Hosted together on their own Dedicated Servers, it may be that one of the members of this 'Community' may be More appropriately capable & able to take on and look after Both sites (to at worst keep the Software up to date and do regular Backups etc), as I can't help but feel you guys & gals are more PC Literate than the members of the other forum, being mainly Clothing makers and Tailors :)

I AM contactable, but may perhaps be better to discuss matters at greater length, once we have all the account information etc 'at hand'.

Thanking you all once again for All your kind words and thoughts,.. I will keep you all informed as necessary.

Regards,
Stewart