Message to All Guests

Main Menu

The Meaning of "->"?

Started by satpro, December 17, 2012, 04:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

japheth

Quote from: jj2007 on December 20, 2012, 09:32:20 PM
The word "silly" hurts me a little bit,

That's good, that's very good. As I recall, I recently mentioned my strong conviction that a successful learning process requires PAIN. So you're definitely on a good way.

...because it comes from a genius, one of the very few members of the "bloat without the power" fraction who is actually able to produce useful output

Well ...  :icon_mrgreen:

QuoteMerry Christmas to you, too, Japheth.:

I've converted to Islam recently - because it's always good to be with the winner.  :bgrin:

... might save you some conversion effort

Yes. Additionally, if you're using symbolic debugging, you can easily watch not just the value of a pointer, but the values of the pointer's target.

jj2007

Quote from: japheth on December 20, 2012, 11:23:58 PM
Quote from: jj2007 on December 20, 2012, 09:32:20 PM
The word "silly" hurts me a little bit,

That's good, that's very good. As I recall, I recently mentioned my strong conviction that a successful learning process requires PAIN. So you're definitely on a good way.

:greensml:

hutch--

:biggrin:

> and i don't think the assembler cares one way or another

It doesn't.

> if you try to port some 32-bit code to 64-bit....

I have a theory on porting, rewrite it in the native format.

> I agree, but unfortunately not the simple things, but those with good adaptation capabilities are going to survive.

Yes, like the shark, crocodile and a number of others, get it right the first time and you don't have to adapt.  :P

Bill Cravener

Quote from: japheth on December 20, 2012, 11:23:58 PM
I've converted to Islam recently - because it's always good to be with the winner.  :bgrin:

japheth,

Personally I feel islam and christianity are both way over rated, atheism is the only real path to salvation. :biggrin:

japheth

Quote from: Bill Cravener on December 21, 2012, 02:05:41 AM
Personally I feel islam and christianity are both way over rated, atheism is the only real path to salvation. :biggrin:

Yes, laugh - as long as you can! First we'll take Berlin, then we take Manhattan!  :shock:

dedndave