News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Why must the ASM file be saved in the Bin folder ? !

Started by RAFAAJ2000, January 14, 2013, 08:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jj2007

Quote from: six_L on January 15, 2013, 06:00:09 PM
include e:\masm32\include\windows.inc

PLEASE, NEVER DO THAT, neither in the sources nor in the batch files!

include \masm32\include\windows.inc is correct. The \masm32 tells the OS "take the root of the current drive (e.g. X:)and add \masm32 to arrive at X:\masm32"

Of course, e:\... works if all the rest is also set up correctly (which is apparently not the case), but
a) it doesn't add any value
b) it makes the sources incompatible to any other member's configuration (which means in the end that those who want to help will be p**sed up changing the drive letters all the time :()

Sorry to be a little bit rude here, but this "case" is already messed up enough :icon14:

RAFAAJ2000

Never mind people - I'll will be saving my asm files in a repertory inside the Bin folder for the time being which works just fine... I really need to get down to business and start writing code.

hutch--

The idea is to learn how it works, all you need to do is create a directory on the same drive them you can create a source file in it and build it from the editor. That is what its designed to do. try and do it differently and you have to set it all up yourself which is s steep learning curve.

Magnum

Quote from: RAFAAJ2000 on January 15, 2013, 04:41:11 PM
Quote from: Magnum on January 15, 2013, 05:56:03 AM
I can help you solve your problem.

We can take it one step at a time.

Can you re-install the Masm32 package on the C: drive ?

Andy

To uninstall just delete the C:\masm32 directory.

That one of the things I like about it.

You don't have to worry about registry entries that didn't get deleted by the uninstall program or leftover files.

Then re-install it.

Andy
Thanks Andy.

I have already tried that but I can't re-install msm32 on the C drive because I first have to un-install a previous incomplete installation that I did on C .... By the way , how can one un-install masm32 ? - It doesn't show up on the control pannel Add/Remove Programs list .

I already deleted all the masm32 folders/files on the C drive but when I try to re-install it on the C drive again the masm32 install wizard tells me that masm32 is already installed on the C drive  ....  - Do I have to delete some registry keys to successfully un-install masm32 ?
Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-18.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org