Author Topic: 2 bomb's go off at Boston Marathon.  (Read 7426 times)

anunitu

2 bomb's go off at Boston Marathon.
« on: April 16, 2013, 06:46:24 AM »
Just caught this on the TV news.

Link below is from the NY times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/us/explosions-reported-at-site-of-boston-marathon.html?_r=0

Gunther

• Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
Re: 2 bomb's go off at Boston Marathon.
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 11:43:59 PM »
Hi anunitu,

it's a horrible tragedy.

Gunther
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them.

anunitu

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 12:14:07 AM »
I agree Gunther,there was an 8 year old boy killed and many children wounded. This makes me very sad,and of course kinda angry at the people that did this. I hope they find them and punish them for this terrible act.

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 01:27:06 AM »
what they are accomplishing is that people will become less and less tolerant of muslims
if they keep it up, the general consensus will be that they should be eradicated

anta40

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 02:23:40 AM »
what they are accomplishing is that people will become less and less tolerant of muslims

lots of people badly wounded/lost their limbs... and indeed this very very bad.
a shocking news indeed.

is it possible that this incident somehow is orchestrated by the US government themselves, so somewhen
they can get rid the muslims of of US?
pardon my speculation

anunitu

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 04:48:05 AM »
That thinking does come up here in the U.S. The thing is it might be domestic terror,we have a lot of bat shi* crazy folks here that are armed and more than likely capable of something like this. Only time will tell just who did this.

Gunther

• Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, 06:43:58 AM »
Hi anunitu,

what's the current information status inside the US? Could that come from the crazy religious muslim fundamentalists, or is it from the right wing people?

Gunther
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them.

anunitu

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2013, 08:07:29 AM »
Hard to tell just yet,we have had our share of domestic nuts(Mcvay(sp) in Oklahoma,and the una bomber who sent bombs through the mail. They are studying the remains of the bombs and "May" find a signature(the style and composition of the bombs) bomb builders tend to stick to tried and true methods and seldom innovate or try new methods  . Also,though few know this explosives have embedded "Tags" if the are used for commercial demolition. it shows the exact batch and where it came from AND who bought it. If stolen at least you might know from WHERE. These mini "tags" are in a LOT of things now. Some printer paper have this embedded tag in them. (so you could trace where a note sent by a bad guy came from) and even inks have this now. 

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2013, 10:46:19 AM »
Lets hope they find who did it rather than a vigilante approach that hits the wrong people. I gather that there were more bombs found that did not go off so it looks like whoever did this was trying for a big hit against ordinary people. What is worth avoiding is another 9/11 where the wrong people were targeted and Iraq was invaded. Find 'em, try 'em, and fry 'em.
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :biggrin:

mywan

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2013, 01:57:52 PM »
if they keep it up, the general consensus will be that they should be eradicated

I could be wrong but this has the very distinctive feel of domestic terrorism. I doubt Muslims are involved. As critical as I am of government overreaching their power I wouldn't go so far as anunitu did to implicate the government either, at least not without some pretty solid evidence. Given the bomb materials used and the apparent feeble attempt to heard people toward the 2nd bomb with the 1st I would also guess that it's a lone bomber. The whole things smells like a domestic loner douche bag, probably early to maybe mid 20s, that thinks they are smarter than the rest of us.

Well, that's my 2 cents worth of speculation anyway...

dedndave

• Still using Abacus 2.0
    • DednDave
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2013, 02:06:30 PM »
i realize that i jumped to a conclusion on that one
but, i think i am right - and i bet many people are guessing the same thing
they seem to have some leads to follow, but they won't give out much info until they nab the guy(s)

Magnum

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 02:37:00 AM »
Pressure cookers were used and it a common bomb making technique worldwide.

We'll probable have to show I.D. to buy them now.

Andy
Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-16.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

anunitu

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, 03:01:37 AM »
As critical as I am of government overreaching their power I wouldn't go so far as anunitu did to implicate the government either, at least not without some pretty solid evidence.

I did not imply anything about the Government being involved,what I was saying was that there are groups that do hold this view. They are(as far as I remember) called "Truthers",and believe that the Gov was involved in the 911 attacks. There are many groups that because of their mistrust of our Gov have created "Movements" that sometimes become radical to an extent of becoming "Dangerous" Mostly right wing(sometimes religious) groups. There was I believe in 2001 a religious group that was funding a group in Israel to attack the Temple of the Rock(VERY sacred Muslim site in Jerusalem) in order to fulfill a biblical prophesy of the rebuilding of the Temple of Solomon to kick off Armageddon and the return of Jesus. The Government were watching this group and did in fact press charges against them.       

mywan

« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 01:24:28 AM »
Sorry anunitu, I read more into your words than I can justify now that I read it again/.

cman

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 01:49:26 AM »
It looks like one suspect in the bombing was killed while another is still on the run: http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/04/19/17817173-one-boston-marathon-suspect-killed-second-suspect-his-brother-on-loose-after-firefight?lite . What a terrible drama!