Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

JWasm v2.10

Started by japheth, April 20, 2013, 07:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

japheth

Thanks all for feedback!

> Does this mean we do not need to bother you with bugreports anymore will be ignored anyway?

No. It might take longer until they got fixed, though.
Regressions in v2.10 compared to v2.09 will be fixed ASAP - and if there's a serious one, I'll make a v2.10a.

> (Even if it currently does not support all of MASM's obscure "type-features"  :bgrin:)

A full fix would have required some major changes/clean-ups in the expression evaluator - this has to wait.

> I get an Error A2048 with #3, however - and it worked with JWasm of 15 March :(

Yes, it's indeed a ( minor  :icon_mrgreen: ) regression. If you find another one I'll do a v2.10a.

> that's why I can forgive you for being a big fan of Margaret Thatcher (Iron Lady) ;)

I forgive you too. And don't worry, there surely won't be any releases dedicated to Obama or Faehnlein-Angie ( the latter is a local term only comprehensible to native German speakers ).

habran

I don't like damn politisions
they are divided in: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly :biggrin:
and very often combination of Bad & Ugly :lol:
Cod-Father

TouEnMasm

There is a mystere here with DLLIMPORT :
Where is the object file ?
Link don't find it but create the executable ?????

Fa is a musical note to play with CL

Jibz

Quote from: ToutEnMasm on April 24, 2013, 03:17:35 PM

Link don't find it but create the executable ?????

I don't know how JWasm works, but a quick google found:

http://www.japheth.de/JWasm/Manual.html#OPTDLLIMPORT
http://www.japheth.de/JWasm/Manual.html#OUTPUTFORMATPE

which seem to indicate that for the PE output format, it simply writes the declarations from DLLIMPORT into the imports section of the executable, and thus does not need any import library or object file. I think fasm works pretty much the same way.
"A problem, properly stated, is a problem on it's way to being solved" -Buckminster Fuller
"Multithreading is just one damn thing after, before, or simultaneous with another" -Andrei Alexandrescu

TouEnMasm

Thanks for answer , an object file is useful for debugging.

This one is a problem,compiled OK by ML but show a bug with Jwasm.
Compiled with Jwasm the "Edit"---> "trouve" menu made a crash.
Fa is a musical note to play with CL

japheth

Quote from: ToutEnMasm on April 24, 2013, 03:17:35 PM

There's probably no mystery, but a bit confusion: it makes no sense to specify both -coff and -pe in the command line. Option -coff makes jwasm write the output in the MS COFF object format, while -pe makes jwasm write the output in the PE binary format. You can't have both formats at the same time.

As for OPTION DLLIMPORT: this option may be useful for both -coff and -pe.  However, the purpose is slightly different: for -pe, it allows to resolve external references without using a linker, while for -coff it may allow external references without the need of import libraries ( the latter works for jwlink only, because MS link does no longer support the IMPORTS statement in module definition files ).

anunitu

japheth,I completely understand the take a break from things. Real life still can be demanding,and even when one loves what they do as a sideline,then there is also the "Ohhh shiny" factor,where something (or someone)
catches your attention. Work is one thing and hobby's,but some real world stuff can be SOOOO much fun.

dedndave

Quote"Ohhh shiny" factor
as in Firefly ?

anunitu

As in distracting Dave. I think we all have our "Shiny" moments be it that flashy car,or in Hutchs case that flashy blonde.