News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

CPUID Test piece for later Intel processors.

Started by hutch--, June 02, 2012, 11:51:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hutch--

There appears to be some demand for the collection of CPUID algos in a variety of test pieces that were done a couple of years ago. This is one of mine that dealt exclusively with Intel hardware.

dedndave

you had a couple others, too
one for memory available and one for disk space
also - all the ProStart / CG versions   :P

and - let's not forget QE and scripts

hutch--

What I was hoping was that some of the other folks who have written code of this type would also post their examples. I confess that the algos I have developed to use CPUID were targetted at recognising a particular range of processors to determine what instruction sets could be used, MMX, SSE/2/3/4 etc .....

dedndave

i have all the results from the one i wrote
many members ran it - so, i have a nice collection of info
i wanted to orginize it and "can" it into a single post or a text file attachment

Antariy

Quote from: hutch-- on June 02, 2012, 11:51:32 AM
There appears to be some demand for the collection of CPUID algos in a variety of test pieces that were done a couple of years ago. This is one of mine that dealt exclusively with Intel hardware.

This is my simple CPUID code on the old forum, but it also is Intel-oriented up to SSE4.2, like yours, Hutch.

hutch--

Alex,

Repost the zip file(s), those links to the old UK site will not last forever.

jj2007

Quote from: hutch-- on June 02, 2012, 08:37:15 PM
What I was hoping was that some of the other folks who have written code of this type would also post their examples.

Here is mine :biggrin:

include \masm32\MasmBasic\MasmBasic.inc   ; download
   Init
   PrintCpu
   Inkey "hit any key"
   Exit
end start

Intel(R) Celeron(R) M CPU        420  @ 1.60GHz (SSE3)

hutch--

dedndave

Antariy

Quote from: hutch-- on June 03, 2012, 01:28:21 PM
Alex,

Repost the zip file(s), those links to the old UK site will not last forever.

Fixed the post where were links before.

hutch--

Zen

I have downloaded the zip files for a number of CPUID threads from the old MASM Forum.
Here is a list of zip attachments. I didn't actually write any of this code,...so, you'll notice that it generally works perfectly,...and, has absolutely NO BLOAT !!!
If you read through a number of high-quality Old MASM Forum threads, you will see that there are alot of variations and additional information available, including DAVE's old Signature file (which I can't seem to download from the original site). I was thinking of condensing and editing all this material into one directory or file (maybe a PDF file), and posting it here,...but, my internet access is currently severely restricted,...and, it would take me forever.

Zen

dedndave

the program of mine was not really intended to be used as a CPUID routine, per se
it was simply intended to test the CPUID instruction on a variety of machines, to gather information

Adamanteus

Possible suggest more  :t algo for get_x86_instruction_sets, because it's more useful to get all processor abilities once, then if not discard records in program possible use MASK operator for easy get instructions sets. So, I've made a little changes in program :

dedndave

ouch - i lost SSE3   :(
Vendor String = GenuineIntel
CPU String    = Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

SSE4.2     NO
SSE4.1     NO
SSE3       NO
SSE2       YES
SSE        YES
MMX        YES

SSE3 is leaf 0000_0001, ECX bit 0