News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

GoAsm, GoLink & PE headers

Started by Yuri, June 04, 2013, 02:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuri

GoAsm, GoRC and GoLink seem to write the time stamp in the file header in local time. Shouldn't it be UTC? As a result, when I use dumpbin on an .obj or .exe I have just created, it displays a time 6 hours ahead of my local time.

Also GoLink puts its version (0.28) in the optional header as 0 and 28h. But that is actually 0.40 in decimal. So I think it should be 1Ch.

Vortex

Hi Yuri,

Quotetime stamp in the file header in local time

a time 6 hours ahead of my local time.

Your statements seems to be conflicting. Is it exactly your local time or local time + 6 ? I analyzed an executable built with GoAsm and GoLink. The IMAGE_FILE_HEADER structure's time date stamp is displaying my local time.

Yuri

Hi Vortex,

Dumpbin converts the time stamp into local time according to the time zone. But the time in the header is already local, not UTC, so the result, in my case, is 6 hours ahead of what it is supposed to be.

wjr

While working on the next GoLink update I have already noticed/fixed the version number. As for the TimeDateStamp, it should be the number of seconds since 00:00:00, January 1, 1970, UTC. So yes, this would also be a UTC. That was relatively easy to fix and will be in the next GoLink update (I will look into the other tools too)... thanks!

Vortex

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for the information.