Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

FreeMat

Started by Vortex, August 19, 2013, 03:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vortex

FreeMat Portable (scientific prototyping) :

QuoteFreeMat is a free environment for rapid engineering and scientific prototyping and data processing. It is similar to commercial systems such as MATLAB from Mathworks, and IDL from Research Systems, but is Open Source.

http://portableapps.com/news/2013-08-15--freemat-portable-4.2-released

Gunther

Hi Erol,

Quote from: Vortex on August 19, 2013, 03:13:11 AM
FreeMat Portable (scientific prototyping) :

QuoteFreeMat is a free environment for rapid engineering and scientific prototyping and data processing. It is similar to commercial systems such as MATLAB from Mathworks, and IDL from Research Systems, but is Open Source.

that sounds good. I'm searching for a while for an alternative to the commercial MATLAB, Mathematica and the like. I'll give it a try. Thank you for the link.  :t

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

dedndave

nice   :t

the Project Euler guys will like this one   :biggrin:

Farabi

Thanks, it is very helpfull. :t
http://farabidatacenter.url.ph/MySoftware/
My 3D Game Engine Demo.

Contact me at Whatsapp: 6283818314165

K_F

I'm a bit weary about portable apps (especially that fricking 'APPS' word  :icon_mrgreen:)

Do these run on top of a system (eg Java etc..) IOW are they produced for multiple platforms, ipads.. ect.
I saw something that you have to install some other 'manager' to run their 'apps'.. hmmm!

I'd prefer a straight Win installation with no extras needed (eg Java, .Net.. etc)
These RAD proggies give me the Heebie Jeebies..
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

Vortex

QuoteDo these run on top of a system (eg Java etc..) IOW are they produced for multiple platforms, ipads.. ect.
I saw something that you have to install some other 'manager' to run their 'apps'.. hmmm!

That's not true. You don't need to install a manager to run portable applications. Did you ever analyze the installation of a portable application? There is the portable version of Java to run applications like LibreOffice Portable but the dependency to Java is rare if we talk about portable apps.