Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Are you a valid Masm32 Forum member?

Started by jj2007, August 24, 2013, 12:28:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunther

Quote from: aktiwIN on June 12, 2014, 02:57:27 AM
I thought we were pretty laid back over potential membership, we only allow human beings and selective extra terrestrials but no bots or spammers.

spam bots, spam bots, ... what a mess.

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

Magnum

If you used Linux, they would not be a problem.  :t
Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-18.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

Gunther

Andy,

Quote from: Magnum on June 13, 2014, 08:42:05 AM
If you used Linux, they would not be a problem.  :t

it's a joke, isn't it? What has Linux or BSD or whatever OS to do with those russian spam bots?

Gunther

GoneFishing

Quote from: vertograd on September 12, 2013, 06:24:08 PM
Quote from: daydreamer2 on September 12, 2013, 06:05:14 PM
watch the Gattaca movie and see we are all invalids
(invalids there are natural borns, vs genemodified humans)

I watched that movie and liked it   :t
Maybe soon we'll see Programming DNA library in MASM32 package and hardware interface for it (designed by our members )  :biggrin:
MS is already working on it:
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/dna/
Today I find it really difficult if not impossible to come up with REALLY IMPOSSIBLE IDEA  .

Gunther

Quote from: malinowDT on September 01, 2014, 10:17:35 PM
I thought we were pretty laid back over potential membership, we only allow human beings and selective extra terrestrials but no bots or spammers.

The next spam bot. Location is: Россия Москва, the avatar is stolen. It's a mess.

Gunther

K_F

How about deleting all posts with a post=1 count, unless they have registered within a random delay time of accepting ?

Just an idea
;)
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

Gunther

Tony,

Quote from: K_F on September 02, 2014, 03:39:26 AM
How about deleting all posts with a post=1 count, unless they have registered within a random delay time of accepting ?

Just an idea
;)

on the other hand we've also some diffident members.

Gunther

jj2007

There should be an automatic function allowing links only after one week of membership. That would stop all "link spammers", because they won't come back after one week to edit their profiles.

Btw at least two of these idiots still have active links - check the middle icon under the avatar. So they do push their google scores.

Gunther

Jochen,

Quote from: jj2007 on September 02, 2014, 04:44:03 AM
Btw at least two of these idiots still have active links - check the middle icon under the avatar. So they do push their google scores.

yes. Points to an online shop for children's toys.

Gunther

Tedd

Reply #22 is almost a year old and still contains a link to some Russian website - it's obvious SEO spam.

The point is to get links pointing to your target website from other websites which already have a good reputation, thus boosting the target website's reputation. So, as long as their links remain, regardless of the state of their profile, it will continue to be a successful tactic. Spammers' profiles need to obliterated, not just disabled and signature removed.

Possible defensive solution: disable setting of signature and website link for members with profiles less than 30 days old, and possibly require a few (valid) posts. Spamming would then require far more dedication than is worth the trouble.
Potato2

Gunther

Hi Tedd,

Quote from: Tedd on September 05, 2014, 02:24:34 AM
Possible defensive solution: disable setting of signature and website link for members with profiles less than 30 days old, and possibly require a few (valid) posts. Spamming would then require far more dedication than is worth the trouble.

why not. But there's one prerequisite: Not more work for the moderators. If this is guaranteed, no problem.

Gunther

hutch--

:biggrin:

> Possible defensive solution: etc etc ....

Ther are many defensive solution but they all need to be coded into the forum software and it won't be done by me.  :badgrin:

Gunther

Quote from: hutch-- on September 05, 2014, 12:03:39 PM
Ther are many defensive solution but they all need to be coded into the forum software and it won't be done by me.  :badgrin:

That was exactly my point. Therefore, the members need to be vigilant in the future.

Gunther