Author Topic: idea of demo based on rosler attractor  (Read 122 times)

daydreamer2

idea of demo based on rosler attractor
« on: December 03, 2017, 07:36:55 AM »
Ron Thomas had very interesting fractal code+ something called rosler attractor
much of the code was 16bit, but he had a rosler pseudo3d 32bit windows code, based entirely with 64k pixels spinning around rendered with windows gdi, I saw Homer had much dx3d coding in the other forum, he had one interesting particle demo
it would be cool to make a particledemo where you can zoom,rotate the whole rosler, with small cloudparticles instead of pixel and fullfledged real 3d DirectX or opengl instead of pseudo3d,because I Think a modern computers gfx card easily can handle 64k quads that is used as particles
for those who do not know a rosler attractor looks and simulates kinda a tornado/hurricane
I dont have the time and I am not as skilled with d3d and opengl as others
I am more of oldschool coding guy
maybe siekmanski can produce that kinda code

heres a link to where you can find his stuff
http://www.ronthomas.plus.com/Downloads.html

Siekmanski

Re: idea of demo based on rosler attractor
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 04:29:33 PM »
Had a look at Wikipedia to see what the Rössler attractor is.
It caught my interest. You could do this with a point sprites particle engine in Direct3D.
No promises but when time permits, I will have a look into it.
You made any attemp yet?

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 09:25:04 PM »
@daydreamer2:
     Thanks  for the info about  Rossler attractor .  Once I started to learn about Chaos theory  ( inspired by forum thread about random numbers ). I have no math / physics background so all that stuff looks alien to me ... but interesting

I think that visualization of  Rossler attractor would not be that hard using OpenGl and OptiX frameworks that already have scene manipulation  facilities.

daydreamer2

« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:45:49 AM »
@daydreamer2:
     Thanks  for the info about  Rossler attractor .  Once I started to learn about Chaos theory  ( inspired by forum thread about random numbers ). I have no math / physics background so all that stuff looks alien to me ... but interesting
this is also fun
 :https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perlin_noise
I love SIMD stuff and look at one made a mersienne twister that produced several random numbers simultanously with SIMD code
I Think I want a to add background small valley landscape and lots of fern fractals animated as in a storm

I have trouble with most old libraries and code wont work with newer windows