Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

I need a program called "FindLine"

Started by learn64bit, November 29, 2022, 04:41:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sudoku

learn64bit:

How are you creating the file listings a.txt and b.txt. Your own program, or an external third party program? As well as adding the checksum data to the listing, your own program or third party...

I am only asking since it might be a faster process if everything could be done in a single program, since you wouldn't have to first make a file listing (for a.txt and b.txt), add the checksum for each file, then running your "findline" program on the file listings. It is quite conceivable to do everything in a single program.
:undecided:

sudoku

Quote from: learn64bit on Today at 12:42:17 AMfindFile
Something like This?

Edit:
I just noticed you added the screenshot...
Oh, okay. I will look for that.  :smiley:

learn64bit

a and b not just text file or ascii file

a.txt can be 4mb 00h

sudoku

Quote from: learn64bit on Today at 12:47:44 AMa and b not just text file or ascii file

a.txt can be 4mb 00h
Is your 'findfile' program from here generating that file with zeros??? Or is the file with zeros made by some other program?

learn64bit

Quote from: sudoku on Today at 12:55:00 AM
Quote from: learn64bit on Today at 12:47:44 AMa and b not just text file or ascii file

a.txt can be 4mb 00h
Is your 'findfile' program from here generating that file with zeros??? Or is the file with zeros made by some other program?

otherApp.
findFile's result.txt is a 65001withoutBom text file

sudoku

Quote from: learn64bit on Today at 12:59:54 AMotherApp.
findFile's result.txt is a 65001withoutBom text file
Okay. Probably a lot of work to put everything into one program. I was only thinking that it would save time to not have to run several programs to get the desired results.

NoCforMe

Quote from: jj2007 on April 24, 2024, 08:20:53 PM#332 and other smaller archives work fine (they do have the PK signature).
... and the attached .exe throws an error (LODSB with ESI=0). Hmmmmph.
Assembly language programming should be fun. That's why I do it.