News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

A named pipe in a network environment

Started by six_L, October 14, 2013, 04:11:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

six_L

A named pipe is usually used in a network environment where a server can connect to several clients.
how are you used?
Say you, Say me, Say the codes together for ever.

jj2007

Search here for pipe. #3 should be the right one for you...

six_L

thanks your respond,could you give me a detail link?

six_L

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb546085.aspx
Named pipes provide interprocess communication between a pipe server and one or more pipe clients. They offer more functionality than anonymous pipes, which provide interprocess communication on a local computer. Named pipes support full duplex communication over a network and multiple server instances, message-based communication, and client impersonation, which enables connecting processes to use their own set of permissions on remote servers.

To implement name pipes, use the NamedPipeServerStream and NamedPipeClientStream classes.
that's some classes, no any detail.

GoneFishing

QuoteTo implement name pipes, use the NamedPipeServerStream and NamedPipeClientStream classes.
Those classes are from the managed world of .NET

Some more info here

jj2007

Quote from: six_L on October 14, 2013, 05:15:59 PM
thanks your respond,could you give me a detail link?

The search for pipe in the old forum posted above yields eight pages of results. The six_L we had in the old forum was perfectly able to read and write, even about named pipes...

six_L

That's me. the post was talked about the named pipe to exchange the datas of a server between more processes in local. not in a network environment.
how do the hPipe and hSock to be associated?