Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Group control

Started by K_F, December 19, 2013, 07:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K_F

Danke, Mein Herr !

How's my German... the German speakers ?  :t

Those colours and fonts remind of the old Hercules card.. Ok it was usually green.. but with an orange monitor is look very much the same
:biggrin:
'Sire, Sire!... the peasants are Revolting !!!'
'Yes, they are.. aren't they....'

dedndave

View menu - you can select background and foreground colors - and it will remember them for you   :P

K_F

Quote from: dedndave on December 24, 2013, 07:47:48 AM
..- and it will remember them for you   :P
You know, it's quiet amazing how many bits of software lack this nice little feature..
:t

dedndave

i originally had that stuff in the registry, but switched to a small config (bin) file
it also remembers text size and window size, but not window position
i thought it best to let windows locate the window

it only remembers for one instance though - i may update that so the 2 instances can look different

Gunther

Hi K_F,

Quote from: K_F on December 24, 2013, 07:40:05 AM
Danke, Mein Herr !

How's my German... the German speakers ?  :t

your German is flawless.  :t Did you have a little bit help by Google translator?

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

rsala

Hi dedndave,

The ECM_AFTERCREATE message is Easy Code defined (just for visual projects). It's sent to the window being created after it and its children are completely created and before the window is shown.

Regards!
EC coder

rsala

Hi K_F,

Please give me some time to study your code and I'll come back to you.

Ramon
EC coder

K_F

Quote from: Gunther on December 24, 2013, 08:02:51 AM
your German is flawless.  :t Did you have a little bit help by Google translator?
Nope.. it's just a little bit that I've 'picked up' over the years..

I've (and the wife  :icon_eek:) always watched a lot of doccies over the years on WW2, especially wrt to the German and Russian points of view... the sides that you don't hear much about.
It was really funny at my in-laws one day.. my wife's grandfather was Italian-British (war vet) and our eldest kid, who was about 4 or 5 years old and had been watching most of the german doccies with us..  said to my father in law... (this came out of the blue!!)
"Grandpa.. do you know I can speak German !! "
"Really!! speak to me then "
"Sieg Heil !!"

I fell over laughing, my in-laws eyes bulged... and then they looked accusingly at me... I shrugged  my shoulders.
He'd innocently picked this all up from the video's, and had no idea about what he was saying.
Naturally we educated him more as the years moved on.. but it was as funny moment!!

Gunther

Hi K_F,

Quote from: K_F on December 24, 2013, 05:06:34 PM
I fell over laughing, my in-laws eyes bulged... and then they looked accusingly at me... I shrugged  my shoulders.
He'd innocently picked this all up from the video's, and had no idea about what he was saying.
Naturally we educated him more as the years moved on.. but it was as funny moment!!

oh yes, a lot of fun.

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.