News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

dinput.h for GoAsm?

Started by satpro, January 21, 2014, 06:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

satpro

Just a quick question.  Do we (or does anybody) have the dinput.h (dinput8.h?) header for DirectInput?  I suppose I could hand-code or use XlatHinc, but I'm a bit uncertain how to use that program, not completely understanding everything it puts out.

Thank you.

wjr

If you uncheck the three items in the xlatHinc Options menu, you will get a straight forward 32-bit Unicode translation (which wouldn't require or use the extra conditional symbols that I use to switch in the other cases). At the first dialog box press Continue, then that is almost it... I see I haven't finished an update for this, so the trailing byte portions of the GUIDs should be within their own nested <>.

satpro

That answers it all!  Thank you.  I read the readme over and over, saved the converted dinput8 header file a bunch of different ways, and was sitting here trying to figure out which one to use.  I was at the point of comparing a converted file by hand with other DX files and manually extracting (by best guess) only what I would need to get the job done.  It just so happens one of those converted files is ready to go.  :biggrin:

Thanks again.  I was wondering about the GUIDs and you answered it -- a small matter to fix.

dedndave

some direct-x GUID's reside in a static lib named dxguid.lib
so, if you want to support some oddball input devices, you may have to add GUID's, or use the library