Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Having trouble adding files from Menu or Project Explorer

Started by satpro, January 22, 2014, 09:35:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsala

Hi,

I'm getting crazy with this. I'm terribly sorry but I can't see where the problem is so I can't fix it. Everything works fine in all computers and Windows platforms where I have tested Easy Code GoAsm.

I will keep on trying.

Ramon
EC coder

satpro

Quote from: rsala on January 27, 2014, 06:50:27 AM
Hi,

I'm getting crazy with this. I'm terribly sorry but I can't see where the problem is so I can't fix it. Everything works fine in all computers and Windows platforms where I have tested Easy Code GoAsm.

I will keep on trying.

Ramon

Hi Ramon,
You know what?  Don't sweat it.  No sense getting crazy over something one person (me) is talking about.  It must be something on my end.  Just wish I knew what.  I'll code the long way and just add the headers in code -- I am used to doing that anyhow.  The IDE is nice to work with, and it's really all I was after anyway, so that's good enough.  In the meantime, if I do manage to figure out what it is I'll be sure to report back.

Thanks for all your help,
Bert

anta40

Quote from: rsala on January 27, 2014, 06:50:27 AM
Hi,

I will keep on trying.

Ramon

Hi Ramon,

Does EasyCode have a mechanism to generate error dump?
I know that not being able to reproduce bug can be very confusing, and in this case
examining error dump can provide some hints about the bug itself.

rsala

Hi satpro,

Thanks a lot for you kind words. I'll try to find out the problem.

Ramon
EC coder

rsala

Hi anta40,

Thanks for giving ideas.

No, unfortunately Easy Code does not have any mechanism to generate error dump.

Ramon
EC coder

jj2007

Quote from: rsala on January 28, 2014, 06:41:21 AMNo, unfortunately Easy Code does not have any mechanism to generate error dump.

A simple debug macro could do the job, applied near the code area where the problem seems to be.
This one uses a switch; if usedeb=0, no extra code will be generated. With usedeb=1, extra checks are being performed, and a console window will be created to display the error line:
include \masm32\include\masm32rt.inc

usedeb=1 ; 0=no checks, 1=check
voidNonZero MACRO args
LOCAL tmp$
  @CatStr(<;>, <args>)
  if usedeb
.if !eax
pushad
invoke GetConsoleWindow
.if !eax ; must be SUBSYSTEM:WINDOWS...
invoke AllocConsole
.endif
tmp$ CATSTR <chr$("## eax is zero in line >, %@Line, < ##")>
print tmp$, 13, 10
popad
.endif
  endif
ENDM
.data
rc RECT <>
hWin dd ?
.code
start:
voidNonZero rv(GetConsoleWindow) ; uses Masm32 rv macro
invoke GetClientRect, edx, addr rc
voidNonZero eax ; more traditional
voidNonZero rv(GetClientRect, eax, addr rc)
MsgBox 0, str$(rc.right), "Pixels wide:", MB_OK
exit
end start

rsala

Hi jj2007,

Thank you very much!

I will test the macro.

Ramon
EC coder

satpro

I would like to announce that Ramon has taken the steps to fix my problem with adding include files through Project Explorer/Menu.  He did it in a professional, unrelenting manner (through personal messaging) that has left me impressed to the point of bewilderment.

Just thought everyone should know.

Thanks Ramon.  You're a class act for sure.

rsala

satpro: Thank you very much for your help!

Thanks to satpro I have been able to fix the problem, although it has no sense and it seems not to happen in any other computer (that's the most mysterious) .

I expect to release a new version in a few days.

Thanks to everybody,

Ramon
EC coder