Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

how to communicate .......with usb mass storage divices

Started by shaikkareem, June 04, 2014, 08:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaikkareem

hello every one.....

i used the windows api functions to communicate with usb mass storage devices......in the case the devices are detected by the computer and after said 'ready for use'. here every thing is cool because we got the drive litter to be used in CreateFile function and all necessary operation we want might become easier to implement......this is one side of a coin....
but, on the other side , what if the mass storage device (like pendrives,sd cards..) is not recognized by the computer and not ready for the use....what i've to do   to gain access to the attached and not recognized usb device......

after all the recognized devices using operations on it only give information about formatted file system[fat32,ntfs,fat16,exfat] data.....not data from restricted areas of sd cards............

so what i've to do..................take hand over these situations........

qWord

Quote from: shaikkareem on June 04, 2014, 08:06:02 PM....what i've to do   to gain access to the attached and not recognized usb device......
....................................................... you .................. probably need to write ....................................... some kind of ................................ driver software in such cases ................................................................................................ see: Developing Windows client drivers for USB devices
MREAL macros - when you need floating point arithmetic while assembling!

Zen

SHAIKKEREEM,
QWORD is correct about writing a USB driver.
However, for user-mode functions, like detection (when you insert a USB device), you can use the: Setup API. MSDN. It's pretty limited, though.
Zen