Author Topic: Diagnostic Senile Decay ?  (Read 1434 times)

hutch--

• Administrator
  • Mnemonic Driven API Grinder
    • The MASM32 SDK
Diagnostic Senile Decay ?
« on: July 16, 2014, 11:18:38 PM »
I kept getting the problem of the mouse dropping dead and it was showing up when running Flash video so I went through the motions of doing a CHKDSK on the boot drive, re-installed Flash then ran MalwareBytes to check for any root kits and nothing turned up. Went to Control Panel to check the mouse and it dropped dead again while testing the double click rate. Voila, the mouse itself had clapped out, an old Microsoft optical. Plugged in an old one that I knew worked OK and it worked so I ratted through the junk for one of the new ones that came with a keyboard years ago which now also seems to be working OK.

I guess you need a bit of practice every so often, its just that I did not need it at the time.  :P
hutch at movsd dot com
http://www.masm32.com    :biggrin:  :skrewy:

GoneFishing

• Gone fishing
Re: Diagnostic Senile Decay ?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 04:43:24 AM »
I had a similar problem with my mouse not so far ago . The left button had stopped working and I swapped the mouse buttons in the control panel . So I get used to operate with right button until the strange problem occurred  with my hard disk  and made my system un-bootable  (note that I tested the mouse on another machine with the same result) . After that I switched to live linux distro  and my mouse suddenly became OK (on both machines) .
I think it was sort of   "MOUSE VIRUS"  :biggrin: