Projects > MASM32

Update for the editors in masm32.

(1/2) > >>

hutch--:
This is try 2, there was a problem with uniedit.exe that could not be tracked on a US English version of Windows. QE and Topgun were fine but uniedit had a problem with a buggy version of LoadStringW in at least some non-English versions of Windows.

Collective tweaks over time, nothing you would notice but internal issues addressed.

Thanks to the members who reported the problem and to JJ in particular for helping to debug the problem on a non-English version of Windows.

hutch--:
I found one problem with QE on Win7 64 that needed to be fixed, a change from SendMessage() to PostMessage() which works fine, added a new text insertion option on the Selection menu which allows you to select multiple lines of text and add text at the start and end of each line. This is a capacity I need myself but it is generally useful if you need to modify blocks of text.

In the ordinary sense you can convert text like the following

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones;

to this

db "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;",13,10
    db "I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.",13,10
    db "The evil that men do lives after them;",13,10
    db "The good is oft interred with their bones;",13,10

in one operation.

There are many other thing it can do but its a useful capacity that I needed so its been added.

I have slightly altered the aspect ratio to a wider start size, changed the interface with RGBA images in the toolbar as I no longer wanted to edit in RGBA and back convert to 256 color as I had done before. The executable is larger but still trivial in modern terms.

Gunther:
Steve,

the update works fine and looks good here.

--- Quote from: hutch-- on October 03, 2014, 07:25:01 PM ---The executable is larger but still trivial in modern terms.

--- End quote ---

Notepad++: 1.67 MB. So what are 52 KB for a full featured editor?

Gunther

jj2007:

--- Quote from: hutch-- on October 03, 2014, 07:25:01 PM ---new text insertion option on the Selection menu which allows you to select multiple lines of text and add text at the start and end of each line
--- End quote ---

Nice feature :t

Grincheux:
There is something strange

--- Quote ---Media type  Drv     Size      Free
----------  ---     ----      ----
Local disk  c:\   930 go    775 go
Local disk  d:\   39.8 mo    39.8 mo
Local disk  e:\   1.36 to    1.34 to
Local disk  f:\   186 go    108 go
Local disk  h:\   465 go    429 go

--- End quote ---