News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Re: problems with a window

Started by jj2007, August 26, 2014, 09:26:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunther

Oh yes, no one can deny a goto in honor.

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

dedndave

i have to wonder if issues like the ones in the link are related to the discussion here...

http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=94.msg36513#msg36513

jj2007

Quote from: dedndave on August 31, 2014, 09:10:44 PM
i have to wonder if issues like the ones in the link are related to the discussion here...

http://masm32.com/board/index.php?topic=94.msg36513#msg36513

See Guga's answer:
Quote from: guga on August 02, 2014, 06:57:41 PMthe menus on the middle of the desktop goes back to the original position after a few time (milliseconds, in fact)
It works fine, although with a small delay - simply because the top row of the menus is a separate, independent window. That solution is a bit odd but it beats Aero on Vista+ ;-)

BTW Thunderbird has now moved the menus into the caption, to gain vertical space, see screenshot below. I wonder how they do that with Aero, but can't test it yet :(

Gunther

Jochen,

Quote from: jj2007 on August 31, 2014, 09:53:44 PM
BTW Thunderbird has now moved the menus into the caption, to gain vertical space, see screenshot below. I wonder how they do that with Aero, but can't test it yet :(

that's interesting. I thought that Thunderbird comes from Apple.

Gunther

dedndave

Thunderbird is an e-mail client from Mozilla - the same group that authors FireFox

JJ - i seem to recall that Bill Cravener had an example of how to put stuff in the caption
it may not be in the examples folder - search the old forum, maybe ?

Gunther

Dave,

Quote from: dedndave on September 01, 2014, 04:49:36 AM
Thunderbird is an e-mail client from Mozilla - the same group that authors FireFox

Thanks.  :t

Gunther

jj2007

Quote from: dedndave on September 01, 2014, 04:49:36 AMJJ - i seem to recall that Bill Cravener had an example of how to put stuff in the caption

There are many examples using GetWindowDC, but it won't work with DWM/Aero, that's why I reverted to this exotic solution.