News:

Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Errors installing MASM on windows 8 64 bit

Started by valium123, August 30, 2014, 12:39:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valium123

I tried installing it again by running the setup. I kept clicking 'ok' when the errors popped up until they disappeared and rest of the setup resumed. Now   I have the software running on my computer. :)
I tried running one of the programs from the tutorials folder but the console window just open and closes in a flash. I'm a beginner lol.

Gunther

Hi  valium123,

Quote from: valium123 on September 01, 2014, 09:59:08 PM
I tried running one of the programs from the tutorials folder but the console window just open and closes in a flash. I'm a beginner lol.

start the program via the command line.

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

valium123

Ok thanks it's working now... So I guess the solution is to just ignore the error messages and keep pressing OK....

Gunther

Hi valium123,

Quote from: valium123 on September 01, 2014, 10:16:34 PM
Ok thanks it's working now... So I guess the solution is to just ignore the error messages and keep pressing OK....

that's good news. Go forward.

Gunther

splegrand

Looks like UAC or AV doesn't matter in this case (still got error with both off). It appears the messages can be clicked through without harm? Does MASM32 export DLL functions using ordinals? Or is this message by Windows completely false?

Ready for mainframe assembler programming, but don't have an IBM mainframe laying around -- z390.org

dedndave

there has been an ordinal pop up that seems inconsequential (201 i think)

Vortex

Quote from: splegrand on November 01, 2014, 11:52:46 AM
Looks like UAC or AV doesn't matter in this case (still got error with both off). It appears the messages can be clicked through without harm? Does MASM32 export DLL functions using ordinals? Or is this message by Windows completely false?

Hi splengrand,

Welcome to the forum.

The Masm32 installer does not build any DLLs.

Gunther