cnn.com/2014/11/26/opinion/lauder-pilgrims-thanksgiving/index.html?hpt=hp_c4
Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-18.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

jj2007

Quote from: Magnum on November 28, 2014, 09:33:01 PM
cnn.com/2014/11/26/opinion/lauder-pilgrims-thanksgiving/index.html?hpt=hp_c4

QuoteAlmighty God .... But the Lord helps those who help themselves, and these people were valiant in the face of danger, resourceful in difficulties, and possessed of an innate common sense, not only in dealing with the fools and rascals among themselves but with the enemy on our coasts, the American Indian."

So, how many Millions of "enemies" did these Christians slaughter, in the name of Almighty God?

Magnum

Spoken by a resident of  a country who slaughtered millions.  :dazzled:

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2001/jun/25/artsandhumanities.highereducation

http://beyondthebubble.stanford.edu/assessments/italian-atrocities
Take care,
                   Andy

jj2007

Quote from: Magnum on November 29, 2014, 08:48:08 PM

The differences between you and me are
a) I am not proud of German history
b) I don't post on assembler sites bigot pseudo-Christian blatter

Gunther

I'm not a Christian, my family has a Jewish background. But let me say that: Jochen isn't responsible for these crimes! You should a bit more think before you're writing such mischief, Andy.

Gunther 
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

sinsi

Godwin's Law
there is a tradition in many newsgroups and other Internet discussion forums that once such a comparison is made, the thread is finished and whoever mentioned the Nazis has automatically lost whatever debate was in progress.

dedndave

frankly, i get a little tired of hearing how the american natives were conquered
you all act like it's the first time in history land was taken by force

they had bows and arrows - we had guns - game over

to be honest, they get a much better deal from us than any other conquered peoples
they get a LOT of very valuable land - breaks on several laws - and a monthly check for sitting on their ass

Magnum

Quote from: dedndave on November 30, 2014, 02:26:05 PM
frankly, i get a little tired of hearing how the american natives were conquered
you all act like it's the first time in history land was taken by force

they had bows and arrows - we had guns - game over

to be honest, they get a much better deal from us than any other conquered peoples
they get a LOT of very valuable land - breaks on several laws - and a monthly check for sitting on their ass

Good perspective, Mr. Dave. :-)

I too get tired of the "Let's pick on America" crap.

It's somewhat funny that most of the whiners live in countries who would be speaking German, Japanese,etc if the Americans had not come to their aid in WW2.

When a country is being victimized, who is first on the list to help ?

But they will not bring that up.

When America is hit by storms, etc, which other countries have sent help ?

The list is very short.

Outta here,

Take care,
                   Andy

sinsi

Accepting Disaster Relief from Other Nations: Lessons from Katrina and the Gulf Oil Spill
QuoteAfter Hurricane Katrina and the BP oil spill disasters, there was an outpouring of support and offers of aid—including proposed donations of supplies, expertise, and monetary funds—from countries around the world. After both disasters, however, U.S. officials declined the majority of the assistance offered, and were slow to accept the small amount they did.

Most Katrina Aid From Overseas Went Unclaimed
QuoteAllies offered $854 million in cash and in oil that was to be sold for cash. But only $40 million has been used so far for disaster victims or reconstruction, according to U.S. officials and contractors.

Magnum

I said the list was short, not that no one helped.
Take care,
                   Andy

jj2007

Quote from: Magnum on November 30, 2014, 03:13:07 PMWhen a country is being victimized, who is first on the list to help ?

Yes, that's true - it's the United States of America :t
The German people (well.... 90%, me included - no irony, just stating the facts) will always be grateful that the U.S. and their allies ended World War II (see here, scroll down about seven pages until you reach 1941-45). Sometimes the U.S. help silently, without even boasting about it in the media. I remember having seen a list of non-oil countries whom the U.S. helped, but right now I can't find it.

Magnum

My mother was born in Hannover, Germany.

My father was a bombardier in a B-17.

He gave me some stamps he collected which include the one attached.

Inflation must have been extremely bad.... 50 billion marks for a postage stamp in 1923.

My grandfather told me he used a wheelbarrow to bring money to buy food.

Take care,
                   Andy

xanatose

Quote from: Gunther on November 30, 2014, 07:51:20 AM

I'm not a Christian, my family has a Jewish background. But let me say that: Jochen isn't responsible for these crimes! You should a bit more think before you're writing such mischief, Andy.

Gunther

I would argue that Magnum is not responsible for the crusades. Just as you are not responsible for Bolshevism (Who murdered and raped millions. Most of their leadership where of Jewish decent).

Nor a single living American is responsible for Slavery in the USA. Just as no a single living Italian was responsible for slavery in the Roman empire.

Many people fall for guilt traps for things they have no fault AT ALL. Is like saying that I am responsible for the murder of 500,000 Iraqi even I oppose and despise Government. You are responsible for the deeds of only one person. Yourself.

hutch--

Andy,

You may have to live with the fact that the greatest enemy of Americans is its own government. Not the one you think you elect but the one that runs the country from the board rooms of foreign corporations. International support for MAIN street America is high where international support for WALL street America is at an all time low. Most Americans are on the ball and know the difference but if you are still being spoon fed bullsh*t from the US media, then you deserve the flack you get.

The US was a proud, high integrity country right up to the end of the Clinton era but with war criminals like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld Wolfowitz and the like, America's reputation, economy and military have been turned to trash and the Ruskies, Chinese and the rest of the world had nothing to do with it. The difference is the rest of the world don't have to suffer the cr*p that comes out of American media. The internet era means you can read news from all over the world, not the bullsh*t you are fed by American media.

The reason why the Chinese are rushing past the US is they act to build their own country, better education, strengthening their economy, improving the living standards of the poorest people in the country, supporting manufacturing and not wasting massive amounts of money in junk cold war military equipment that the US is funding to prop up its own armament industry. China is building up its infrastructure while the infrastructure in the US is decaying and falling to pieces because its government is kissing the ass of foreign corporations. The Ruskies and the Chinese don't have to do anything to wreck the US, the US is doing it themselves, massive job losses, dying industry, overinflated US Dollar and the best government foreign money can buy.

Look in the mirror before you try and make comparisons with other countries.

Magnum

Geez, My post was on November 30, 2014.

I think you should relax and not continue holding grudges.

You will find that in the Bible in many places.

You will live longer and healthier.
Take care,
                   Andy