Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Pilgrims

Started by Magnum, November 28, 2014, 09:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xanatose

Quote from: Magnum on January 29, 2015, 05:48:21 PM
Geez, My post was on November 30, 2014.

My fault, didn't notice the time of the post.

Quote from: hutch-- on January 29, 2015, 05:37:02 PM
You may have to live with the fact that the greatest enemy of Americans is its own government.

Governments are just concepts. A made believe fairy tale created for positive an negative things. On the positive side it settles disputes and make people act on a pretended civilized way. On the negative side, it serves for the few to control the many and from people use it to get even on others. Is the god of the passive aggressive crew. 

Historically most government where started either by highwaymen or people joining up to themselves by highwaymen.

While those who obey and pretend to represent are real. Government itself is no different from any other religion.

The set of rules, that describe government is not the problem (as is a simple concept, lets have a set of rules). The problem is the highwayman that have taken over and the religious people that have taken to worship government as their god. You worship something when you do things you believe are wrong or when you stop doing things you believe are good in order to please the entity or prevent its wrath. Most people worship government and do not even notice it.

Magnum

I am pretty familiar with my govt., the good and the bad.

It's a melting pot of people from most countries.

In the good column is that it's fairly transparent.

It's hard to get away with much as someone is usually available to blow the whistle. :-)
Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-18.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org

dedndave

that sounds a bit naive, Andy
i can't think of any politician that can be trusted - lol

Magnum

I wasn't talking about politicians.

Politicians are corrupt worldwide.

Think news reporters, Edward Snowden, etc.

How many leaks do you see in the news in other countries ?

Take care,
                   Andy

Ubuntu-mate-18.04-desktop-amd64

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org