Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

JWasm12_AVX2_RIP Source

Started by habran, December 14, 2014, 08:57:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

habran

Here are sources with Visual Studio Community 2013 Project

If you have Windows 8.1 and you get error "General Failure" than change in main.c, line 72:
long    fh; to intptr_t    fh;
Cod-Father

habran

Here are headers
decompress it and drop it in JWasm12_AVX2_RIP folder

This build will work on Windows 8.1 as well as on Windows 7

Edited by habran 15/01/14:
Small bugfix in header instravx.h line 113
Cod-Father

Gunther

Hi Habran,

is there a chance to compile it with other compilers, too?

Gunther
You have to know the facts before you can distort them.

habran

Certainly, you can use gcc
if you want, you can build it with Code::Blocks, just import VC project and build
or decompress this Code::Blocks project and drop it in the folder next to JWasm.vcxproj
and than just double click on it
Cod-Father

Gunther

Thank you Habran. I'll try it.

Gunther

Adamanteus

As need for speed underground - my build - without installer with docs and licenses, seh, unicode support ...
Build not himself itself, so full compatibility with MASM as I said before not reached, but excellent as prog, so I was glad that build it ... and as I'm without site now - will put it here, as before was good comments about :icon14:

P.S. Attachment deleted

habran

Hi Adamanteus
Your build is trowing an error:
fatal error LNK1223: invalid or corrupt file: file contains invalid .pdata contributions
It is bloated to 688 KB
My build is 464 KB
It looks like you have built debug version
Cod-Father

habran

Here are my builds:
Cod-Father

jj2007

Quote from: habran on December 16, 2014, 07:05:47 AM
Here are my builds:

The 32-bit version builds RichMasm (>16,000 lines) in less than 900ms on my i5, about 10% faster than the original JWasm :t

habran

Hey jj2007 :biggrin:
I am glad to hear that and thank you for testing :t
Cod-Father

Adamanteus

Quote from: habran on December 16, 2014, 06:47:38 AM
Hi Adamanteus
Your build is trowing an error:
fatal error LNK1223: invalid or corrupt file: file contains invalid .pdata contributions
It is bloated to 688 KB
My build is 464 KB
It looks like you have built debug version

Throwing messages displays my startup code, by console output - so in IDE, that's not seen (possible to be seen, but I don't know how to determine build under IDE). So, variously you not seen the message and linked file, without correct .pdata - try to build you project under console, that will allow to see assembler abnormal termination message and check it exit code.
Build full release - bloated by 3 icons, but that what is  :P
P.S.
That to clear question with startup code, will say that it is simple trick with main in sehhelper.cpp, more detailed explanation of algos could be found here, so in main.c defines show /Dmain=cmain and call cmain(argc, argv) in try block, so you'll be have from C - C++ program processing exceptions, with system SEH interrupts.

habran

I am happy with my builds and I don't work with 32 bits anyway 8)
If 44 people who downloaded your build are happy with your builds I am happy too :biggrin:
Cod-Father

Adamanteus

So good - we are glad and happy (Happy new year - to everybody also  :t) - but you remark, about debug version is really actual - because, plain releases I make in full stdcall conventions (Alpha version - to everybody also  :icon_confused:)

habran

I am not certain that I understand what you are actually saing :dazzled:
Can you please explain what are you talking about :P
Cod-Father

Gunther

Hi Habran,

Quote from: habran on December 17, 2014, 02:47:56 PM
I am happy with my builds and I don't work with 32 bits anyway 8)

jWasm is designed for a lot of different operating systems and the 32-bit versions are important, too. Also jWasm for DOS.

Gunther