Masm32 SDK description, downloads and other helpful links
Message to All Guests

Main Menu

Forms code generator

Started by TriggerFinger, July 02, 2012, 05:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TriggerFinger

Hi,

I am pretty new in MASM and I am just wondering if there is a code generator for forms.... something like VB where you design the form (or should I say 'window'?) in GUI and it can also generate the MASM or asm code for that form/window.  I am just asking because it I noticed I am encoding the exact same code each time I want to build a window.

A friend of mine said there was such thing a few years back but he cannot recall what it was called.

Thanks.

TF

NoCforMe

What exactly do you want to put in your window: text? images? controls?

If you want to design a dialog with controls, you can use what's generically called a "resource editor" to place controls (edit entry fields, listboxes, buttons, all those other bells & whistles) in a dialog, which is a "modal" window. You can get these tools for free. (They don't really generate code: they generate data that you can use to create the dialog. You still have to write code to initialize the controls and respond to the user's interaction with them.)

We need a little more information here.

hutch--

TF,

Have a look at Ramon Sala's EasyCode. Its also worth the effort to check out Ketil Olsen's RadAsm. You will not find an interface generator exactly like older VB but depending on what you are after, you can get part of the way with either of the mentioned IDE's, also have a look at the code generator in MASM32, CG.EXE.

TriggerFinger

Thank you for the replies. I am just being lazy reason why I am asking for a code generator. Anyhow I have downloaded both of the recommended IDEs. So far the tutorials help as I slowly understand how they (i.e. windows, dialogs, etc) are done.